Security Alert

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

GLAFlyer
    Participant

I wont complain about airport security if they can foil this.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/article1500793.ece

LuganoPirate
    Participant

The frightening thing is that a lone wolf is under the radar, but the good news is it’s not so easy to bring an airliner down and actually very hard to do it alone. Internet searches and materials bought will eventually ring bells at the security services doors and of course they still have to get through security.

A final line of defence I think rests with us, just as ordinary passangers managed to foil the shoe bomber.

I can’t help but feel these articles are put out by terrorists to instil fear and worry in the population and in my opinion the press should not publish them.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

LP – I agree. I think some of these stories are put out by terrorists, but some also come from the security people for related motives: to make us cautious.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I think you’re right there David, and maybe to help justify no liquids, laptops out etc!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Security services brief the ‘media hungry journalists’ to ‘cover their backs’.

Security at many airports is sadly not as good as it could be, not so much for passengers, but ground services used by airlines.

Aircraft are also vulnerable during take off & landing phases.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls