Seat bugs on BA flight # 294 from Chicago to London Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

ryanpaul
    Participant

“Seat Bugs on British Airways flight # BA294, from Chicago to London Heathrow on Nov 29th “
    My wife had the most unpleasant flight and when we arrives, she had bug bites on her bottom and back.
    We wrote to BA customer service and the response stated that they clean and disinfect their planes. They did not accept responsibility. Are there any customers who have had a similar problem on BA?

BAfanatic
    Participant

Never once, in 42 years.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

This is a regular flight for me and despite the 747’s seating area getting somewhat scruffy and not particularly clean, I have never suffered from bugs of any kind.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

From hotel beds yes, but never from any BA seat.

OnslowSW7
    Participant

I had a similar experience just once; flying First from Houston to London with BA. I seem to recall that I complained and got the standard ‘we disinfect our planes’ response. I did get an upgrade from Club to First on my next flight though- possible coincidence…!

Switzerlanding
    Participant

Never from BA and fly 100+ segments a year with them. Maybe write to the hotel you stayed at prior to the flight???

Chardie
    Participant

Yes, got badly bitten on a flight from BBK to LHR a few years ago. Didn’t complain as I didn’t have any way of proving it and was sure I would just get the standard response.

openfly
    Participant

I read about this problem some years. I have a feeling that I had some bites on a flight. Since then, I sleep on the duvet/blanket just in case. The little blighters have less chance of feeding off me!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls