Searching flights by time and airport

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• LondonSurgeon
    Participant

Is there anyway of searching for flights from a specific airport but only by time and no destination, e.g. which flights leave gatwick or heathrow after 8pm on a friday evening?

At the moment I do a skyscanner or google flight search but have to go through each destination with the time filter. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks

MartynSinclair
    Participant

try flightaware.com or flightstats.com

LondonSurgeon
    Participant

Martyn – that’s brilliant thanks

Flightaware only does live data

Flightstats has a departures and arrivals tool that covers the next week – so much easier.

Thanks

FaroFlyer
    Participant

If it is for flights in the current schedules you could simply look at the flight departures board, online, of the airport concerned on the day of the week that you want. Just then select the time.

LondonSurgeon
    Participant

Faro – unfortunately most only do the same day – heathrow does the current day and the day after.

Gatwick allows searching of their timetable but you need to know the destination or search them one by one.

Flightstatus is good but shame it only does the week ahead.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Or check Flightradar24. Go to the relevant airport and you so see all the departures.

Ekond222
    Participant

…Some of you hard core business travellers will remember the business travellers bible ‘The ABC’…all travel departments/travel agents & airlines subscribed to this on a monthly basis (I think the may have stopped the printed version only a few years ago)…essentially an indexed listing of every scheduled service by airport on the planet…it’s now an on-line service

http://www.oag.com/

It may not be a free service..

LondonSurgeon
    Participant

Unfortunately Flightradar24 is only on the day and oag is subscription only.

Flight status works quite well. Am surprised there is no repository of current airline timetables.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Planefinder Free also gives you live data and on a PC you can replay historic dates & times and “live” flights. It can also be used to revisit the last moments of a flight that crashed or went missing if the aircraft was in range of the signal.

theavidtraveller
    Participant

You can try google flights. Your departure airport is fixed but your destination airport can be a whole continent i.e. Europe. You can filter by flight times after x.

Not perfect but may get you to what you want.

LondonSurgeon
    Participant

Hi avidtraveller – yes I use google flights a lot. I have tried the flight times tool with the map. Has worked so far but not sure how they aggregate their data as in is it live or is it from what others have searched like kayak.Also, have had problems booking some of the flights that google suggests so I use it for suggestions and don’t trust the price until I have clicked through and double checked it. The prices can vary wildly from the google suggestion.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls