Schizophrenic Spending Syndrome – a Friday thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• NTarrant
    Participant

In the last few months of Concorde I traveled out to NYC in Club (upgraded from WTP) and returned on Concorde two days later.

I stayed at the Novotel on 52nd? And Broadway. But going to to airport in the morning of departure I took the NY Transit bus to Grand Central and then picked up the regular coach to the airport.

When people asked me about my trip they all gasped in horror that I had taken the bus to the airport and then travel on Concorde. May be not quite SSS but perhaps chalk and cheese!

PeterCoultas
    Participant

MartynS: Sadly not my current lifestyle and impressed with your low key choice….my only contributions to this thread come from student days in the ’60s. A sports tour on the Riviera gave me a night in the Negresco that was later followed (after the tour) with several free nights on a great hotel garden swing seat near St Tropez eating 3 course Prix Fix meals (also free, courtesy bottle returns) for 10 FF a go.

GivingupBA
    Participant

NTarrant, good story and very similar to mine – in the early 1980s I flew one way Concorde from LHR to JFK…. and returned after a couple of months Y class on a TWA standby ticket! (There was still standby in those days). (Like you, not SSS, but chalk and cheese. I paid for the flights myself).

Happy days.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I can recall a client event in HKG where the client arranged for a two way limo transfer for me to/from CLK and back and also for 20 other of their own employees. I said it was easer, cheaper and quicker to get the Airport Express but he said ‘no’, we treat all vendors as we do our senior personnel. I was facilitating a Leadership Conference. Would I take a limo,no way but the offer was appreciated!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls