Saudi Immigration new trick?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

Today in JED, the immigration officer asked for my boarding card and … kept it (although I asked to have it back). I am wondering whether it was a one off or a new procedure? Any similar experience? And btw, another good reason to check-in online (if it is necessary to claim for the miles).

PatJordan
    Participant

I used to have to surrender my boarding card in Manchester some years ago…on flights from Dublin! At that point, Aer Lingus didn’t offer on line check in: it wasn’t too big an issue for claiming the miles as the airline was aware of this practice.

Bruce98
    Participant

Have encountered this, but have been told by a reliable source (visa agency) that the Saudi’s have started turning back Brits on first time visas, when they try to enter the Kingdom from Bahrain, by the causeway.

The reason is, apparently, that all visas issues in the UK specify travel by air and they are no longer turning a blind eye to those entering by land.

I am also told, that once in, on a multiple visa, it is then possible to re-enter by land.

first_class_please
    Participant

Flying into Bahrian is a very popular entry to Eastern Saudi, via the Causeway.

It is correct that if arriving on a first entry on a visa that the visa is automatically issued stating arrival by air only, UNLESS you specifically request entry via the causeway on your application.

Once issued, it is of course in arabic so you would need an arabic reader / software translater to confirm it has been issued correctly.

For many years this was just ignored, but no longer. I know of people turned back on the causeway and having to go to Bahrain airport and take a flight to Dammam to be able to enter.

Not aware of any reason for wanting the boarding pass, other than information for where you have arrived from, which is common, but normally just asked the question.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Today upon my return to KSA, but in DMM this time, they asked again for the boarding card. I told them that I forgot it in the plane. So they asked if someone else had it to finally drop the case… Strange…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls