SAS’ New SAS Plus Product

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Am currently sitting in the SK Lounge at HEL. I’ve been on a trip to Helsinki and, for the first time in a while, flew SK BHX-CPH-HEL return, in their replacement for Business Class, SAS Plus.

I really had no expectations at all, especially given that the fare (non-flexible) was only about GBP250, compared with the old fare in C of GBP500-800.

However, the only real difference is that the middle seat isn’t kept free (no at prob on the way out as I had a row to myself on both flights) and that the food is limited to free selections from the trolley. The good news is that you still get lounge access (and I always find SK Lounges to be fine), separate check in, free advance seat selection, priority baggage etc.

For the price, it is a great product. I’m about to fly back and hope that I don’t end up eating my words!

Safe travels,
    Simon

Corporate-gal
    Participant

Simon,
    I’ve recently been doing a bit of business in Stockholm and have taken SAS Plus out of BHX via CPH twice and also direct out of LHR in recent months.
    The strange thing is that they appear to advertise that the middle seat is kept free but it never is.
    However the bonus is the lounge access, free food and drink, seat selection and the extra miles too! It’s not business class but for such short hops, it’s perfectly fine.
    For flying out of BHX (my nearest local airport), I find them a good airline for Scandic business.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Corpote-gal –

Are you sure that SAS advertises that the middle seat is kept free ?

I don’t believe SAS guantees that this will be the case should the flight be full.

http://www.flysas.com/en/uk/sas-global/go-plus/nordic-europe/

Senator
    Participant

Dear @SimonRowberry, great to see your post mate.

The SAS Plus offer which was introduced in June, 2013 does provide a good value if you are able to secure bookings in the cheaper fare buckets (A, B, S). For example, Mediterranean destinations are from £200 return and can yield roughly 10,000 EB points return. Look for Nice, Athens, Palma and summer specials to smaller cities.

When flights are not too full, then it is a good value. I did ARN-ATH in a middle seat return. Yes, it was £300 and I was fed, but no fun..

We should catch up 🙂

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Senator,

You know where I am, mate. Always good to see you – Oxford, Mallory Court, Stockholm, wherever. Would be great to see you again.

Cheers, Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Alex,

You are right. It most certainly does not.

Regards, Simon

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Corporate-gal,

I agree re BHX (my local too). When I spent half my time in Scandinavia I had, at times, the choice of 3-4 SK to CPH, 1 or 2 on SK to ARN (sometimes using Skyways as the metal), CityAirline to GOT and a direct from Duo (shortlived, sadly) direct to HEL.

I now use Lufty and LX a lot to other Euro destinations, but it is good to see SK slowly rebuild from BHX. It is also good to have seen them survive.

Simon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls