SAS – Eurobonus advice please

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Back in March, I had a spat with SAS after they cancelled my flight from CPH to ORD (cancelled as we were about to board) blamed on strike action. I was accommodated overnight in a hotel & routed via FRA early the next morning, arriving 24 hours late.

I was aware that there would be zero compensation because SAS blamed strike action but:

The FF points awarded by LH were around 45% fewer than advertised by SAS – in other words, I was down by 7,000 miles/points on the deal.

When I called the SAS Diamond help line (which requires double the quantity of Gold points to reach this tier) I was told “Don’t worry, you are Diamond, you are important to us etc etc – you will get the points, just write to retro claims, which I have, 3 times & each time a blank refusal – This despite these words below taken directly from the SAS website:

• Points for cancelled flights – If you are involuntarily re-accommodated from SAS to another airline or other means of transport, you may request your points for your original flight itinerary. Please, contact Member Service.

It’s not a huge deal but it’s pissing me off because, based on their response, I will drop down to Gold next year for something completely out of my hands.

Any thoughts on how best to proceed?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls