Ryanair Base at Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

I would love Ryanair to fly from LHR if only for the fact to see what vitriol M O’Leary would unleash on LHR management on a weekly basis.

5 users thanked author for this post.

red_robbo
    Participant

Have I just woken up from a coma and it’s April 1st already?????

3 users thanked author for this post.

jjlasne
    Participant

French Bee/Air Caraibes has added destinations. NorseFly has cancelled destinations.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

jjlasne

You make a good point. Frenchbee has a cost focus business strategy (cram 410 pax, 10 across in Y, on an A359), combined with some destinations that are niche (e.g. French Polynesia) – it seems to know its position in the market, whereas Norse (though I loved Norwegian’s 787 premium cabin) seems to have a less clear position and this may cause it difficulties, even though I would much prefer to fly their 787 than Frenchbee’s A359, as the premium seats on the latter are only 18″ wide and 36″ pitch, which is better than most eco, but a bit tight for a 10-12 hour flight IMO, e.g. 11 hours to Reunion.

4 users thanked author for this post.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

Um, what does this have to do with the original post / subject matter?

FDOS
    Participant

@BackofthePlane

It is a an extension of the original discussion on low cost airline strategy.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls