Rome Fiumicino hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

Flying tomorrow via Rome to São Paulo with a 10-hour stopover. Any recommended hotels within spitting distance of arrivals appreciated.

Do you think it is better to walk in and ask for a day rate? I am due to arrive about 13:00.

Thank you

KarlMarx
    Participant

The Hilton is linked by a covered walkway through the car parks. Takes 5-10 mins, no need to wait for a shuttle bus.

Dunno about how to book a day room, though.

dutchyankee
    Participant

The Hilton is the most convenient but there is also a Hilton Garden Inn on the Airport grounds but not connected. It is much newer than the Hilton with a more limited service offering but perfect for a short stay. You do need to take the shuttle bus though for this one. I am sure they both offer day rates, although in my experience day rates are usual until 18h00 (to give housekeeping time to make the room able to still be sold that evening).

icenspice
    Participant

Thx KarlMarx and dutchyankee.

Hilton fully booked so have booked Hilton Garden Inn for full day. Will be worth it for even 2 hours’ sleep.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Excellent! Enjoy the rest.

KarlMarx
    Participant

I am pleased to hear it worked out for you.

icenspice
    Participant

Comfortably installed in my smoking room. I would love to sleep but have to check out in 3 hours. Just one word of advice – it is the ‘Airport Shuttle’ service that does a tour of FCO’s car parks.

Grey and miserable here. Roll on São Paulo.

Thanks once more guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls