Rome FCO terminal strewn with rubbish

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

AMcWhirter
    Participant

There was a thread a few days ago posted by MarcusUK about standards dropping at London City Airport.

Well I am sure LCY is much tidier than Rome’s international gateway of FCO.

Just look at these pictures taken last night by a passenger and posted on an aviation forum. It seems there is currently a garbage workers’ strike and so passengers’ litter is not being collected from the terminal.

The floor of FCO’s Alitalia terminal is strewn with litter, empty plastic bottles and so on.

Rome is the gateway to Italy. What must overseas visitors think ?

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5615558/

Bucksnet
    Participant

One of the photos looks like the entrance to a gate or lounge. There is a lot of rubbish in front of it, and the staff cannot even be bothered to push it to one side!

navnov11
    Participant

There is an ongoing strike at Rome FCO:
    This is from the easyJet website:
    ===
    Rome Fiumicino Airport
    Ongoing
    easyJet has been made aware that airport cleaning staff at Rome Fiumicino airport are currently on strike. As a result the terminals and lavatories have not been cleaned with the same frequency as usual. Whilst this is beyond our control we would like to apologise for any convenience caused.
    ===

So this is different from the LCY standards mentioned earlier.

Binman62
    Participant

Well looked like LHR T4 in the days of BA operational meltdowns.

But yes there is a strike, but I think Rome is generally very dirty. Beautiful, stunning even, but filthy…..and the underground ughhh.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

@ navnov11

My remarks were made in jest. I wasn’t seriously comparing FCO with LCY because the situation at each airport is different.

I was just pointing out that if some readers felt that LCY is bad they should see what the current situation at FCO is like.

It must also be doubly embarassing for the Italians as the photos show the best part of the terminal, ie the section occupied by national airline Alitalia.

r ryan
    Participant

It actually looks like the side of any Italian motorway to me!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls