Revolut – Airport Lounge Access

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I recently posted favourably about Revolut and their very good FX rates on purchases.

Since then, I upgraded to their “Premium” level of access because I wanted to do significantly more FX on a monthly basis and the GBP 5,000 per month limit was restricting me. Hence I upgraded at a cost of CHF 92 for a year. (I did not see the benefit of their highest “Metal” membership mainly because most of my spending is European and the 1% cashback on non-european spend would not offset the extra membership fees.)

This upgrade to “Premium” allows me to purchase single passes to airport lounges and a quick scan of the lounges (within the Revolut App) suggested that it was a very comprehensive list (probbaly similar to Priority Pass).

For example, a search for LGW revealed 6 lounges. (ZRH 4 lounges incl PrimeClass Lounge, SFO 3 lounges incl AIR France KLM Lounge, FRA 6 lounges, DUB 3 lounges).

It seems that access can be obtained for CHF 28 (approx €25) per person and instantly purchasable within the app. I an not always in C/J cabins and hence having the option of gaining access to a lounge (assuming there is space!!!) is attractive.

I am likely to try out the facility to purchase access via the app.

It seems that by way of comparison, one can purchase Priority Pass membership (Basic plan) for an upfront fee of €89 and then €28 per visit accorging to the PP website. For the same approx initial fee one can have unlimited FX with Revolut and cheaper Lounge access to boot !!

I have been in airport lounges that had an advertised cash entry fee of between €30 to €45.

Sounds like a no brainer to me?

capetonianm
    Participant

I looked at the upgrade to evaluate the value to me and decided it was marginal. I don’t use anything close to GBP5000/month in FX on the card, in fact I rarely use more than £500, and the Revolut Lounge access fees for most of the airports I use were only marginally better than the public access fees, and am not often at airports for long enough for lounge access to be a benefit anyway.
    It depends entirely on circumstances. £84/p.a. is certainly not going to condemn me to a diet of stale bread and water, but I’m very happy with my basic Revolut card and I do love getting something for nothing!

Swissdiver
    Participant

[postquote quote=973103][/postquote]

If one look only at forex rates, then the free card is all right. Premium brings disposable virtual cards, which for me is the other great Revolut feature (I use them a lot), in addition to the lounge access described above.

alainboy56
    Participant

When not traveling ONEWORLD and thereby using my QR membership and its associated Lounge access, I have a VISA Card called ‘TRAVELER’ from my Bank in UAE which gives me access in hundreds of lounges. It has been very useful and seems to use PLAZA PREMIUM a lot in many airports. Also, I get access to the Biz Lounge in Riyadh, even though I am just a poor economy passenger with Saudia.

I too have just the basic REVOLUT card which serves me well in Europe generally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls