Restaurant Sottovoce, Gran Via 2, L’ Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

August 2013

We had one night at the Hotel Porta Fira, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, not far from the El Prat Airport and we looked up their restaurant menu online we knew it wasn’t for us, so we looked for an alternative at the nearby shopping mall Gran Via 2.

We liked Sottovoce, an Italian restaurant.

It is located on the ground level of the food court and has outdoor seating.

The interior was understated in black and white.

We could choose to sit anywhere we wanted to and decided to use the terrace. The staff was efficient and friendly.

We ordered a large bottle of still water, two glasses of the red house wine, ravioli with romanseco sauce and shrimps, Pizza Sotto Voce, Pana Cotta and Crème Catalan. The pasta was good, but having tried his pizza, I know what is better, so next time around I’m also going to have a pizza.

The Pana Cotta and Crème Catalan looked similar, the taste and consistency was different, though. It was delicious and the highlight for me.

When we arrived the restaurant was nearly empty, by the time we left it was full.

We paid a bit under 50 Euro (ca. 67.50 USD).

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food, so we are going to return hopefully soon for another dinner.

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES!
    Would we have dinner again in this restaurant? YES!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

thanks for another great restaurant review.

I wish it was easier to research all the food reviews by location… in fact, I wish it was easier to research all subjects that have been amassed in a quicker and easier fashion…. 🙂

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

Thanks Martyn, I’m glad you enjoyed the review. I can recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly while staying in the Fira area of Barcelona in L’ Hospitalet de Llobregat near the airport.

Thanks also for your thoughts on how to find and structure food reviews here on BT.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls