Reliability of Airlines Ex LCY?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

What are the experiences of the BT readers on Airline reliability ex LCY?

I travel through twice weekly now, and there appear to be the same Airlines / flights with problems.

Lux Air appear to be the worst, and the snail line of peak hour travellers queue when the evening flight is cancelled often for a next day replacement!
    BA appear to have problems on their Glasgow flights, with a morning flight cancelled, it means after 4pm for the next. The new Barcelona flight appears to run late often.
    Swiss also for the morning Zurich flights cancelled or delayed substantially, making them unreliable for a long haul connection with Swiss.

At these observations, there have been no weather problems through Europe, and no LCY issues.

I use Cityjet (AF / KLM Codeshare), LCY – AMS, and the schedule / aircraft seem to be reliable. There has been only one cancellation in 10 months when i travel, but due to weather and LCY restrictions.

Your experiences / views?

VintageKrug
    Participant

CityJet does seem to have excellent reliability, but then I wouldn’t imagine it has that many flights compared to the majors.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRating/flightRatingByCarrier.do;jsessionid=4E61CD63866F7DEB8FACE67FF85C0CFB.web2:8009?airline=%28WX%29+Cityjet&x=16&y=7

Cityjet’s Achilles Heel seems to be LCY-ORY, with only 59% on time performance in the last quarter.

Of course there are far fewer delays at LCY compared to LGW or LHR which makes it difficult to compare airlines which use those airports using the stats provided.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls