Reduced Catering Still Applies

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• batraveller2
    Participant

I am flying BA Club to San Francisco (747) on the 7th – I thought the BA catering was meant to be back to normal by then – is this not the case? Though I will probably get caught up in the next round of strikes as don’t return until the 20th!

cityprofessional
    Participant

Everyone, if you read bacrew1’s comments above, you will see that 747 flights are (for the most part) operating with normal catering. This is because they are being crewed by regular cabin crew. Only the ex-LHR 777s were being partially crewed by volunteer cabin crew, who had not been trained in hot meals, and hence the reduced service

AdrianHenryAsia
    Participant

Hi, I can confirm on my flight that the Cabin Crew were not volunteer’s – the three ladies in the F cabin had nearly 100 years experience between them.

So, in my case, it was nothing to do with the lack of Cabin Crew and more down to BA wanting to turn around the plane quickly at LHR (as I have subsequently found out)

Extranuts
    Participant

Flight back on Wednesday night out of HK was fine although, as my flight was cancelled and i was fortunately moved to this one, I had to slum it on the main deck as opposed to my preference of the upper deck. Just lucky to get home and not have to fly via Munich on Luft as i was first offered.

In answer to Travellator’s question I thought the new lounge at HK was decidely average. I wasnt told about it at check in and got rather ropey directions when i went to where the old lounge was. Its appears to be below ground so was rather soulless and with so many people there the food options were poor and drink not much better.

Not impressed.

Am flying back to HK in 2 weeks so hope that WW gets as many sensible staff flying as possible….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

suffered a Virgin flight to Washington on Friday in Upper. Foods not much better on their flights and they havent got the strike to blame – perhaps though its casued by the BA pax switching. Either way dont look for gourmet food at 38000.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I hear lots of people complaining about the food on Virgin; I suppose one has to remember it’s a Business Class product, not first class as their spin would have you believe.

I ate very well on my last flight with Virgin, though a good idea to eat properly in the lounge pre-flight.

Normal catering happening on BA flights this week.

If there is a new Unite Strike announced today for mid-April, I think BA will be even better prepared than previously.

A final strike could break BASSA and harm Unite once and for all and the union would lose all leverage, forcing through much worse conditions for Cabin Crew than would otherwise have been the case, though not punitive as WW needs to keep the supportive crew who worked through to keep the flag flying on side.

A new Professional Cabin Crew Council has been formed by disgruntled crew who see how badly BASSA has let them down, hopefully the start of more reasonable crew representation at BA.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

to eat better on a VS flight, use the BA lounge first!!! (hey i could get a job in PR).

I realise that its a business product, but thats still no excuse for such lousy food. Also seeing the way some of the cabin crew handle food and treat it as a pick and mix, literaly, is enough to put you off. Thank goodness for BA lounges strategcially poisitioned near VS gates….

Travellator
    Participant

Mixed bag on F to HKG.

NO meet and great on plane all crew chatting in galley.

Almost 3 hours before main meal served.

AVOD hit and miss.

Some crew excellent – one very curt and not very professional.

Food in Concorde lounge before flight very good, served promptly and good quality.

Realise this was flight shortly after strike.

Hope return is better !

I_only_turn_left
    Participant

Funny, I flew to HKG in F on 2nd April,. Food was very good and very quick, mind you there was only 2 of us in there.

Was really dissapointed with the dining in the Concorde Room though. Thought I would try that as on board might be hit or miss, Wish I didn’t !.

pat_travels
    Participant

GIG/LHR 1st April Club
    Very very poor, no particular reflection on the 6 crew [fully loaded 777] but it took nearly 3 hours to get a miserable chicken salad.

The sandwich offered later was disgusting – stale bread and I mean properly stale, rubber cheese or dried ham – not nice at all.

No pre flight drink and in flight limited Club Europe mini bottles of wine. Coffees were serviced in paper cups as they did not have the cutlery on board

Of course the IFE was hit and miss – I had no IFE for the whole flight

Extremely annoying announcements throughout the flight by crew thanking passengers for their patience and stating the crew are exceptionally busy and we as passengers should do all we can to assist!!

In March I had 6 BA flights, F and C class – IFE failed completely on 4 flights and I mean completely – no IFE what so ever!

The food varied from ok to poor

Cabin crew much to my suprise varied from ok to very unprofessional

SUM total = how can I justify spending good money on an all round bad service/experience??

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls