Reclining Seats…

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

sandtrekker
    Participant

Here is an interesting article by Peter Day on the BBC web site. I am not sure I would have the same perseverance as he had – in fact I know I would not – but I definitely enjoyed his nostalgia bit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23002635

pdtraveller
    Participant

Great article but does the BBC really send it journalists around the world in economy. The one I know certainly did not travel that way.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I’d agree that many business class seats have become ‘coffins without a view’ but I’ve always enjoyed great views from First Class on Cathay and BA.

I certainly will not be sitting next to a journalist in a cramped noisy economy class section, being treated like a ‘human sardine’.

GreenScot
    Participant

A friend who is a senior manager for the BBC says yes the BBC does send its staff in economy. Staff including senior management are supposed to fly economy unless the flight is over 5 hours and you need to step straight off the plane straight into work. A journalist who has been deployed at short notice to cover a breaking news story may therefore travel in a higher class but that is apparently more likely to be Premium Economy if the carrier has it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls