Raw TV seeking Frequent flyers for ITV documentary

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

I can see why Karlmarx has an objection to some of the obvious advertising on this forum, and I agree that maybe BT should take it down. However assuming that BRead is genuine and that a programme is being made on the subject then it is of genuine interest to those on this forum. I have stated before. Clearly when someone is trying to sell us fake passports and the like then I think in all honesty BT has a duty to take it down on the basis they are selling a product that clearly in most countries it would be an offence to be in possession let alone having bought one.
    I guess if we had a poster called BritishAirways or CathayPacific espousing the latest offers on flights then my bet is that BT would take it down and offer them a good deal on an advertising package. In the case of the dodgy passports it is unlikely BT would offer them a deal. In the case of the TV company, they are not directly selling anything to us but asking us to contribute to increase their profits.

So it really boils down to BT, to allow an advert that is not directly selling to us or not. If I was BT I might be tempted to take it down and try selling them an advert for participants in the programme. It really is a toss the coin job, BT have made their stance clear by not removing it ( nor the dodgy passport ones) and we have a choice as to reading it further, participating in a programme, buying a dodgy passport, commenting on it, or ignoring it. At the end of the day, that is what a forum is all about.

I wonder If the programme is Nigerian?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You know those posts about passports and fake IDs aren’t really selling them don’t you? (and what do you mean we don’t take them down? We do, just as soon as we see them).

As for this, I kept it up because I thought you’d find it interesting.

As for whether we’d take down someone from BA or CX putting up offers, yes, we would, but if they came on and offered help / advice or simply a conduit for queries, I think we’d keep them.

But you’re right, it’s a public forum, and anyone can wander in….

BRead27
    Participant

Hi all,

Thank you for replying and administrator, thank you for leaving the post up. Sorry if it’s caused any problems but glad that you thought others may find it interesting!

Just to confirm – I am real, the programme is not Nigerian (!) and not scamming/selling anything! Raw can be looked up here http://www.raw.co.uk You may have seen other aviation related programmes we have done – one on a 2006 airplane bomb plot and another more recently on the Hudson plane crash.

We have been filming all around the airport (airside and landside) since June and are just hoping to have a couple of nice passenger stories along the way.

We usually put a lot of irons in the fire to find contributors, and as frequent flyers seem to spend as little time at the airport as possible and often bypass the routes others take, it seemed a good idea to try some other means.

We often use companies, charities, forums etc to assist in finding people who would be happy to talk to us, and yes we do rely on goodwill much of the time for this! We don’t offer payment to contributors I’m afraid and that goes for everyone – check in staff, engineers, pilots, passengers, police, security and anyone else who works there. I can absolutely arrange some blue mnm’s because that means I can eat the other ones 🙂

Please continue to get in touch via my email above if you’d like to know more and if not, no worries, and safe travels!

Best wishes,

Becky

MrMichael
    Participant

Becky, good luck with finding some interesting people. I worked with Leopard Films for the BBC programme I was in, I found the whole experience very interesting.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I have already offered to help. I see no harm in it.

canucklad
    Participant

Well Becky, Good luck to you…..Would happily have helped, fortunately my LHR days are few and far between now.

I hope your programme will be more like the recent BBC Scotland documentary on EDI rather than their southern counterpart’s advermocumentary about the world’s favourite airline.

If any BTer’s do get involved, can you film them John Le Carre style please….with a copy of the magazine tucked under their arm? So the rest of us can recognize them as forum contributors : )

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

… and Business Traveller gets something out of it….

MrMichael
    Participant

Good luck Seasonedtraveller, will you be holding the BT mag as instructed?

BRead27
    Participant

I can’t really comment on that, only that it would seem entirely appropriate for someone at an airport to have some reading material on their person…

Thanks all!

PS. Sorry if it is taking a while to call/reply to anyone who has contacted me – very busy every day and little office/down time. Slowly getting there!

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

MrMichael

I would happily hold up a copy of the BT mag for all the world to see…… however (see above) the lady in question appears too busy to talk to me 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls