Ramadan in DUBAI

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

Busy landside in T3 – get here earlier if travelling, especially if you don’t have egate.

Airside not so bad. The EK lounge in B Concourse quite active but A Concourse lounge almost deserted.

Next week will be busier with people leaving UAE for Eid. If arriving into Dubai should be quite straightforward.

I never use T1 so less sure about that.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

peter19

The OP wrote “I have heard conflicting reports so thought I would ask!!”

This part of the world is a bundle of paradox and ambiguity.

Hearing other people’s experiences will have little benefit, in years gone by, I’ve been in the UAE during Ramadan and have experienced

– no problems eating in hotels before Iftar
    – big problems eating in hotels before Iftar
    – no alcohol served in the hotel
    – alcohol served in the hotel
    – alchohol served in the hotel between certain hours

It all depends on who you deal with, on the day the day and the view they take.

As for “How’s is the airport terminal today? I’m heading out in a few weeks” this really is the most stupid question I’ve read for a while.

DXB is a mercurial airport and someone may be through in 15 minutes. yet someone arriving 30 mins later may take 2 hours.

It is the luck of the draw.

peter19
    Participant

FDOS_UK, It’s people’s experience which brings benefit to others and also one of the key reasons why somebody might come to a forum seeking information. Your experience above would have been more fitting to note because you are right it does change.

My last sentence was maybe stupid to you (and fine if so) but airport traffic during ramadan completely changes. It was also just a bit of friendly conversation with SimonS1 since he was sitting in the airport at the time. The fact I’m going out in a couple weeks was maybe irrelevant to you (and fine if so) but it was just a ending statement.

I suggest you don’t post things like “This has got to be a wind up.” because it doesn’t help in any way and you could just move onto reading something else.

Lets keep it on topic and try help where possible.

ghostwrita
    Participant

Abu Dhabi and Muscat, relative to Dubai, are very different and the comparison is entirely irrelevant.

Both are more conservative and have different customs.

esselle
    Participant

These don’t compare with Doha, which is far more restrictive in adherence to the doctrines of the holy month.

SimonS1
    Participant

Indeed ghostwrita, you are right, the clue was in the thread title.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Peter19

“Lets keep it on topic and try help where possible.”

So why drift the thread to the state of DXB? That’s nothing to do with Ramadan and doesn’t address the OP.

Try practising what you preach.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls