Quickest way to collect 465 tier points

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Pcoltrav1
    Participant

Hi – just thought I’d give this a go. I will have collected 1045 tier points by Friday 28th June. I believe my tier points expire on 8 August. I will have 1 trip and possible 2 that will get me 180 points (WTP to NYC return) each before then.

Does any one have suggestions on how best (most economically) to reach Gold Card ? I’ve seen others ask same question, so I thought I’d try as next year is going to be a very heavy travel year and it’d be nice to have Gold card and associated benefits.

thanks in advance !

VintageKrug
    Participant

If you’re heading to NYC anyway, try an exEU departure on BA’s CWLCY service from London City to New York. ExEU makes it more economical, but hurry as the sale ends tomorrow.

210 points for each transatlantic sector, exEU would earn you more, and you would make more than the remainder up from your planned WTP return.

StandingThemUp
    Participant

Just out of interest, why a gold card?

What benefits over silver do you find compelling?

Some people think the jump from bronze to silver offers more than silver to gold.

Pcoltrav1
    Participant

Better lounges (in theory), check in, priority on full flights but most importantly, it’d be a boost to my disfunctionally weak, grey-haired executive ego.

If it can be done without moving heaven and earth and bankrupting me, that’s great. If it can’t – no problem – the world keeps turning.

Thanks for any suggestions…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

@ Pcoltrav1 – 19/06/2013 13:31 GMT

As a purely theoretical exercise, I priced up a round trip LHR to HKG. On Royal Jordanian via Amman and with a technical stop-over between AMM and HKG, you can do this for some £1,900 return in Business but earning some 560 tier points – that is some £3.26/tier point cf. £13.80/TP in BA CW…

This might just be viewed as a ludicrous way of obtaining extra tier points. That is in the eye of the beholder.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls