Questions on Virgin/Delta Economy Light (Basic)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• MarkivJ
    Participant

Hi folks,

I got a nice US$500 RT SEA – LHR on Delta Economy Basic (operated by VS). This is my first time flying on these HBO/Basic fares. As mentioned on the website, I wasn’t able to select a seat or do a paid upgrade (not that I’m planning to). The site also says no priority boarding even for the Medallion members.

I’m Delta Gold Medallion.

I have a few questions which I’ve not been able to find answers on both websites. Or perhaps, needed some clarifications from you:
    1. In “reality”, are they really picky during boarding time or can I join in the queue when they call for Gold Medallion/ElitePlus?
    2. Can I use Delta lounges (my Gold status should permit me, but not sure if the Economy Basic/Light will restrict me)
    3. Security Fast track?
    4. Lounge to use in LHR T3. Per the Delta site, it says T3 No 1 Lounge (so I presume Virgin Clubhouse is out)
    https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/locations

MarkivJ
    Participant

I’m answering my #4. Per Delta’s website, Gold Medallion can only use VS’s Clubhouse in the USA (JFK, EWR, LAX, SFO). We’re advised to use T3 No1 Lounge in LHR.

travelsforfun
    Participant

Actually, it seems that Delta’s not taken away all your perks on a Basic Economy fare.

This web page seems to be a fairly good overview:
    https://pro.delta.com/content/agency/erp/en/products-and-services/other-programs-services/basic-economy.html

According to this, you do get priority boarding.

There is no mention of fast track or lounge access, so safe to assume that your usual benefits apply.

Added: I realise your flight is VS-operated – that may result in a difference in answer on the boarding, but for lounge access and fast track, I’d assume the same arrangements apply for you as on any VS flight in economy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls