QR A320 business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

GVA-DOH has been downgraded by Qatar Airways from A330 to A320. Did anyone fly with them in business class on a A320 and could let me know how it was, and notably whether they use short haul or long haul seats?
    Thanks

Bruce98
    Participant

Swissdiver

QR doesn´t have busineess class on their A32x aircraft, only first.

I have been on the following

A319 with 2 x 2 angled lie flat seats with a pitch of circa 60″, A320 with 2 x 2 seats (proper seats, not Y) with a pitch of about 35″ and A321 with the same, but perhaps 10″ more pitch. I´d be okay on a GVA-DOH hop on the A319, perhaps the 321, definitely not the 320.

I don´t know if they have changed some of the A320 to the same seats as the A319, maybe worth checking.

There is a seat plans review on the A320, but I don´t find it very helpful as it does not mention the seat pitch.

http://www.seatplans.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/qatar-airways/qatar-airways-a320-business-class-2

Viking777
    Participant

I have been flying QR CPH-DOH on their A319 and it was as Bruce98 says angled lie flat seat in 2-2 config. Not Y class seat. It was an okay seats for a 6 hour day flight. And service was the same as on their wide bodies. Which means good.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Thanks, Gentlemen. Would you spend a night in those or prefer flying with EY?

rodders
    Participant

Swissdiver, I am based in the region so use QR regularly, if you fly Doha/Dubai on a A320 series its First, if you fly on a longer route say istanbul its Business, same seat etc. My guess is this will be the regular A320/231 type aircraft as they only have a couple of the long range A319’s which I think are earmarked for new routes to Burma later this year. If overnight I would go EK or EY, as I suspect its not the lie-flat seat.
    Happy flying

Bruce98
    Participant

‘Thanks, Gentlemen. Would you spend a night in those or prefer flying with EY?’

EY, proper flat bed, good F&B.

first_class_please
    Participant

EY over all QR aircraft other than the excellent 777 business product they have.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls