Qatar Airways new website

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

rodders
    Participant

Anyone tried this yet? Yes its a big improvement but is suffering from some serious glitches, seat maps not being available, bookings not able to be retrieved as well as bookings not moved to the frequent flyer section other than legacy bookings ahead of the switch, and a customer service response that is poor…come on Qatar you are now the World’s Best Airline…….

MarcusSorensen
    Participant

Totally agree…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Mrs. LP tried seven times to input her card details for a booking for next week, each time it was refused till finally the cc co blocked the card.

Lots of hassle to unblock it and Qatar admitted it was their fault saying they do not accept cards foreign to the point of booking.

We had to make a bank transfer and it seems when transiting Doha we have to go to a desk to register the card, they will then issue a special code for use when booking in the future.

Seems a lot of hassle! I’ll continue to fly Swiss where there are no such hassles!!

rodders
    Participant

i wish i could say it has got better…..after a quick email complaint i did get the head of e-business call me to ask what the issues were, impressive…but a month later we are still facing the same issues.
    today I tried to check-in online for Mrs R and me, I was able to switch seats, Mrs R was not, I was able to print my boarding pass, she was not, instead was issued with a letter advising a mandatory document check i.e. a fraud prevention check, on my credit card……clearly all is not well with the World’s 5* leading airline…….I am about to loose patience, and as for the telephone sales people forget it….

Shanwick1249
    Participant

Yes, sadly, the Qatar website remains a minefield with no use of Standards Compliant coding, a clear lack of Beta testing and a misguided belief that it’s still 1996 and everyone is using a Windows PC and browser.

As a result the site performs in completely random ways, depending on how it’s accessed – elements of it fail completely when using Safari on a Mac but it all works just fine in Safari on an iPhone (one example).

My complaint finally reached the IT department and was routed back several days later with the advice that the site be accessed “using Explorer 7 or 8”. This was a pretty staggering answer (‘customers, change your entire computer set-up to suit our website!’) and means that the world’s only five-star airline has a third-rate IT department.

Qatar Airways, the problems with your website are damaging your business! Please sort it out.

GoingLaLa
    Participant

I’ve been back and forth on this site all week trying to choose my seat for GVA-SIN, unable to show a seat plan and so absolutely no way of pre-allocating a seat – pretty poor for a business class product – i look forwrad to trying to check-in online tomorrow!

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

The website is dreadful. You can book a flight but that is about it. No changes/upgrades etc. Sometimes you can log in to Priviledge Club, but not often, and then it states you have no bookings, worrying! This is using Internet Explorer 7. Shocking standard for the “world´s best airline”. I hope the service on board is better!

demedib
    Participant

This airline is at risk of losing a lot of business because of it’s appalling website. Even more infuriating is that the “websupport ” team apparently don’t realise the meaning of the term “support”. The money saved on the airfare does not compensate me for the hours I have spent trying to book and pay for my fare because of technical problems. I won’t choose Qatar next time

no7agency
    Participant

The website is a joke, paticularily when you want to book a multi city trip and you keep getting “error” messages. It is also annoying that you are unable to designate “business” on part of a trip and economy on other parts as you can with Emirates. Very frustrating website that despite 12 months of complaining on various FF forums nothing has been done. A bit like the flea pit silver lounge at Doha Airport, that Silver members are expected to use, that is filthy dirty. http://www.no7agency.com/qatar_airways_silver_lounge_doha_silver_business_lounge_access_doha_qatar.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls