Qatar Airways IFE system on A319

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

WeiChungBrianOng
    Participant

Hi all,

I have just booked a flight from Singapore to Barcelona on Qatar Airways. I realised that they use the A319 LR from Doha to Barcelona.

Does anyone know if there is any updated personal on-demand IFE system onboard?

It is a long flight from Doha to Barcelona. Moreover, this route is recently launched so I do expect something good from the airline.

Swissdiver
    Participant

A319 are fitted as medium-haul planes. And to my knowledge, they do not yet all have the on-demand IFE… I would avoid 6 hours in such a plane, even at the cost of an extra stop…

WeiChungBrianOng
    Participant

I have contacted them by email before I booked the flight and they confirmed with me that all their medium haul flights are fitted with personal IFE.

I had my doubts a couple of days ago because I realised that that plane(A319) is old. That’s why I posted my question here.

I am going to call them again( although it is just horrible to call them because most of their staff do not know their products well and I am pushed from calling Singapore and Doha and Barcelona.)

I will be bloody angry if it is true that there is no IFE.

DNAdams
    Participant

I recently travelled DOH to CMB on a QR A320 and they are fitted personal with IFE which are touch screens. If someone is playing a game on them you will spend your journey having your seat constantly knocked from behind like mine was. I had to move seats as it was so annoying. Perhaps it will be a blessing if you don’t have personal IFE

WeiChungBrianOng
    Participant

Dear Qatarfan,

Unfortunately, I beg to differ.

I hope someone who has recently flew on the A319LR to Barcelona can help to clarify my question.

Anyway, I have emailed the customer service for clarification.
    I will then update the response from THE WORLD’S FIVE STARS AIRLINE.

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls