Qatar Airways Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Tidmtrax
    Participant

Qatar Airways LHR DOH PVG Business Class
    Arrived LHR 0700 for QR 0008 at 0950 T4. I parked in the Short term car park level two which was virtually empty.

In to the terminal and check is quick and efficient, boarding passes for both flights and the premium terminal transfer handed over. Through security with out to much hassle (Sunday) and proceeded to the lounge. Met at the door and asked if I wanted my bags stowed, take a shower or just have a drink and some breakfast.

A drink and breakfast was all I needed. In fact I had already planned again to have the eggs benedict and some tea it all arrived nicely presented and freshly cooked. By the time I had finished the lounge had was filling up and the egg benedict looked to be a favourite choice.

We were asked by the lounge staff to board at 0920 and proceed to gate 7 almost opposite the lounge. Boarded by the front door and through the First class cabin 1-2-1 and into the front section of business class, as this was a three class A300 I had chosen 10F (row 10) which is in its own small area of just 6 seats. 2-2-2.

Once boarded offered a drink and chose the Lemon and Mint. Doors closed on time but due to an incident on one of the runways all take off and departure were held for approx. 30 minutes, we were never told what the problem was but as soon as they reopened the runway we pushed back to join an extensive line of aircrafts, total delay was about an hour. This was of no concern for me as I had a 5 hour layover in Doha before my next flight, although I imagine that this would cause an issue for someone with a tighter connection.

As this was a day flight the fact that it was not a fully flatbed did not worry me as I had already decided that I was going to enjoy the fine wines the great food and catch up on some films. An extra bonus was that 10E remained empty.

Orders were taken before take-off for our pre-lunch drinks, lunch, and what we would also like to drink with Lunch, the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc was wonderful. Inflight entertainment on the Oryx system was superb although not as extensive as on the 777.

The rest of the flight passed without incidence I did not sleep as for me it was a day flight, another meal/snack was provided before landing.

Transfer to the terminal by bus was uneventful.
    Premium terminal. Instead of the 5 hours 40 minutes I expected I only got just over 4 hours due to the delayed departure from LHR.

My arrival time was early evening so still very quiet in the lounge, found a seat ordered a drink and settled down to catch up on some emails etc. flight to PVG was 0110 so at 2300 went and had a shower some dinner from one of the three eating areas and relaxed until the flight was called at 0050.

By this time the lounge was filling up and could see some frustrations from several couples wanting to sit together.

DOH – PVG
    Bus Transfer again uneventful and took approx. 15 minutes, I had chosen 2E on this flight QR888 a 777 300, I prefer an aisle seat and either 2E or 2F are my preference.

Cabin on this flight was half full but 2F was occupied so no extra space for me. Not that you really need it with these full flat seats and plenty of stowage. Again a welcome drink was offered and orders taken for food. Pyjamas and a small kit of Salvatore Feragamo samples supplied along with ear plugs, eye mask and socks.

Although I had eaten in the terminal with the intention to get some sleep as soon as we took off the draw of King Prawn’s & Scallops on a bed of uden noodles meant I had a late snack, how do Qatar manage to present the food in such a professional way every time?

Again fantastic taste washed down by another couple of glasses of the Sauvignon Blanc. Watched a film during this time and then changed in to pyjama top. I usually travel in jeans (not skin tight) so have never used the bottoms. These pyjamas must be some of the best out there now as regards fit (personal opinion) and comfort, much better than the older thicker off white ones.

Earplugs in (bio silicone plugs from all leading chemist) eye mask on and 5 hours later woke to a cabin having breakfast. Although only an hour from landing I was served what I wanted without any fuss or scowls.

Landed at 1400 15 minutes ahead of schedule but by the time we taxied to the stand arrival was 1420. I was not looking forward to the expected queue at immigration but was pleasantly surprised to see more and more staff opening up as several flights had obviously landed together, within 10 minutes I was through and in arrivals 45 minutes after landing and heading to the Maglev.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls