Qatar Airways A319 (All Business Class)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

I arrived at Doha at 6am from a flight from Dhaka and had a very long layover at the Al Moujan lounge. I visited the upstairs restaurant twice, having a light breakfast and some very nice Krug champagne and later had lunch, which this time I found the buffet more appealing than the a la carte menu. I also consumed more Krug and the barman was excellent, providing some top ups and nibbles. I really would have appreciated some lounger type seats as my layover was eight hours and was politely told not to lie down on the sofas!

I did enquire at the Al Moujan reception to get an earlier flight. QR1 had seats and departs 2 hours before my flight but the change fee was $1,082.

The flight boarded 45 minutes for departure and I was the first to board. I was seated in 8D and the flight was about 90% full. A flight attendant introduced herself and offered me a drink, including champagne but I declined having consumed five glasses of Krug in the lounge.

I preordered my lunch choice and welcomed the dine on demand option. After take off the FA managed to twist my arm to have a glass of champagne and I chose the Billecart Salmon Brut. After a second glass I settled down to a couple of hours sleep, listening to some great 1980s music on the IFE. All the booze was catching up on me as I started to feel dehydrated but the FA was great, providing plenty of water on request.

Five hours into the flight I requested my food. I changed my mind regarding the starter and there was still availability. I dined on a roast bell pepper and tomato soup, chicken machboos and Laduree plaisir sucre. The soup was underwhelming but the main and dessert were excellent. I don't have a sweet tooth but have found the desserts at the Qatar lounges (especially at LHR) and onboard to be awesome.

Having spent the last two weeks 'dry' working in Dhaka, the wonderfully FA tempted me with more champagne and a couple of tawny ports.

We landed 15 minutes late and it took 10 minutes to taxi to T4. I was quickly through immigration using eGates and only waited 5 minutes for my bags. From parking at the gate I was in my waiting minicab in 20 minutes.

This was my eighth J class sector with QR in 3 months they have been very good. Some flights have unfortunately not been fully flat beds but that has been fine with me. The food on board, particularly on the LHR-DOH sectors have been excellent and despite some criticisms on various forums, the FAs have all been attentive and personable. My only negative has been the Al Moujan lounge, which is a bit soulless and the lounge staff could be more attentive.

I am very looking forward to my next set of J class trips later this year.

Review courtesy of Seatplans.com. Original review by user Slotski can be found here

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls