Qantas vs oneworld?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Cloud-9
    Participant

Bearing in mind Qantas’ March 2014 restructuring of its FF programme to be based on cost, rather than class, and the penalising of QFFs who fly on airlines other than QF, have any other OW FFs booked and flown on a QF advertised flight number?

I am a BA FF and need to travel to MEL next year: however my travel companion likes to fly on QF. However, I would be very reluctant to do so if it meant that rather than earn 240 club/360 first BA TCs I am penalised as I am not on QF.

The perverse nature of this is that if I was a QFF I would earn 280 club/420 first TPs each way!

first_class_please
    Participant

The change relates to Qantas own members, not other OW airlines flying on QF.

So as long as you are on a QF operated flight, i.e not a flight operated by Emirates with a QF flight number you will earn the 240 / 360 tier points.

If you book as though your are connecting in Dubai, i.e LHR-DXB-MEL then you will get 300 / 450 tier points as taking two flights rather than one, which stops in Dubai anyway.

Cloud-9
    Participant

Thankyou very much. Great idea to split the journey. Travel via DXB will get us to BA silver status in Club 🙂

Happy new year!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls