Qantas Club: No Joining Fee until Midnight 14 October

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Handy if you are a oneworld/BA Blue and one of the only ways to get paid onworld lounge access, and a bargain at this price:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/qantas-club-90th-anniversary/global/en

Special 90 hour offer, ends midnight (in Sydney, I would guess) on Wednesday 14 October.

EU_Flyer
    Participant

Good point VK. Indeed, the Qantas Club (and its AA equivalent) is a great way for people who never even fly QF to access the BA and AA lounge network when flying with those respective carriers.

Seems quite unusual that BA don’t offer a similar product as it would probably provide them with some wonderful ancillary revenue from customers who could already access the QF Club benefits through that scheme. Plus it would re-direct loyalty to BA over QF and AA when chosing which carrier to use when both are available.

That said, it may dilute the exclusivity of the wonderful lounges at T5 that I always love using. The Australian QF Clubs have, in many ways, become the place to go when you DON’T want peace and quiet on a Friday afternoon at 5pm. The terminals are comparatively silent in comparison and the sheer number of alchoholic sales reps hitting the free booze can be overwhelming at times.

Makes me think of a different AA.

BABenji
    Participant

my personal favourite is sitting back and watching the suits vs. big burly miners vying for position at the bar, in Perth Qantas Club.

quite an eclectic mix of clientele!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Note this is *technically* for Australian residents only.

JordanD
    Participant

For someone who is so usually a stickler for the Rules & Regs, I’m surprised you are only saying “technically”.

In fact, if you read the T&Cs, it is only for Australian & NZ residents. I’m sure they could invalidate your membership if they find you’ve bought it fraudulently.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

I think the bigger problem would be how they would get your membership card to you if your address was outside antipodes – as soon as it got to that stage they would probably cancel the purchase and just refund the money you paid. Personally think this offer is a bit of a no-goer for UK residents but be interested to hear if anyone is successful as it would be nice to use Galleries when travelling in economy from T5 with their lack of Priority Pass lounge.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not a problem for me, but others without an Australian address might find it difficult to receive the physical card.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Quite, therefore a bit of a pointless offer!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not at all pointless as there are several people who post here who have Australian addresses.

And the readers of Business Traveller Asia who also see the same forum would probably also disagree with that assessment:

http://asia.businesstraveller.com/

Honestly, there really is a lot of negativity and criticism on this forum…..only trying to help out….especially as a Gold card holder this is of no use to me personally anyway.

If it isn’t possible for you personally take advantage of it there is no reason to criticise me for posting an offer of which others may be able to take advantage.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Sorry for the negativity, I’m not normally, I actually find this forum very informative and check it regularly – I think it was just your tone in response which seemed to suggest that most people had an australian address! But I didn’t realise that it was a forum read world-wide so I suppose makes slightly more sense, though Australia and New Zealand aren’t in Asia as such, but assuming BT clusters it in that way? But thank you VK for your detailed advice as usual, and sorry to have put your nose out of joint.

VintageKrug
    Participant

No worries 😉

travelworld
    Participant

I assume that you mean the free offer is open to Antipodeans only- I have been a member of the QF club (UK based) for years- as you say, it’s a great way to access Oneworld lounges if you aren’t flying business and are only blue on BA.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls