Qantas B747-400 (Config 2) Economy

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

My second run with QF52 in just over a week, this time in Economy (PE last time round). I transfered from Changi T2 and my connecting flight from KL and checked in at Transfer Desk D. With no checked bags, this was swift and painless. Migrated upstairs to the QF/ BA First Lounge – busy but room to do the work I needed to finish. I checked on seating options (I had pre-selected 44C) and was told that, as the flight was only half full, I would have a free seat next to me, which was great. But no up-grade as had been the case on the way north.

Boarding was announced in the Lounge and I made my way to the Gate some 10 minutes away, cleared security and walked straight on board as they announced Premium passengers as I arrived. Found my seat and was pleased with the amount of legroom in Economy. Overall boarding was quick and we closed doors some 20 minutes early but did not push back for another 15 minutes.

Service commenced soon after take off and the supper options of beef or fish both looked good – I opted for a very tasty beef in rich gravy dish. Then it was straight to sleep for me – no one in front of me so goodly room to stretch out. I woke up as the light breakfast was served some 4.5 hours later.

We landed on time and disembarked into a busy Brisbane International Terminal with Lax and DXB flights arriving at the same time. So the Foreign Passports queue was long but by no means LHR or JFK!! Through in about 20 minutes and up stairs for the airtrain just 35 minutes after landing.

Certainly, one of the better Economy experiences around for long-haul.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls