Qantas B717-200 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

We arrived at Alice Springs Airport in plenty of time for this Qantaslink hop to Ayer’s Rock. The check-in area was reasonably quiet and we joined the priority line, waiting behind two other passengers. Travelling with a colleague, we were given window and aisle with the centre seat free in this 2-3 configuration. Bags were checked and mine, at somewhat over 23kg, hardly raised an eyebrow.

We went through security, Aussie light-touch, and made our way to the Qantas Club, which is not signposted in what is, admittedly, a small airport. The Lounge is surprisingly large, with good seating, free wifi, sandwiches, snacks and drinks. We worked for about an hour and, as the only passengers remaining after the Sydney flight left, received a personal call when boarding commenced,

We walked to the parked aircraft and up steps to board. Seats were fine in row 1, with good legroom. We took off after a short taxi down the runway and headed south-east to Uluru or Ayer’s Rock. A snack of cheese and biscuits, muffin and juice was served after take off and I spent the flight enjoying the increasing red of the rocks and soil beneath me. We landed early but not before I’d had a great view of the Rock during the approach.

Disembarkation was onto the tarmac, followed by a short walk into the terminal. Bags followed soon thereafter and we were on the resort shuttle bus within 15 minutes of landing. A stunning location for an airstrip – pity we’re here to work!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls