Product Enhancement SAN and PHX

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• firclaonly
    Participant

You are a BA manager arent you?! Atlanta went back because of the pressure of my employer.I know it is your job to defend your new fleet but i am pretty sure you can imagine what big companies are willig to do if things dont go there way, especially when we are talking about Coca Cola.BA wouldnt risk to loose that corporate account.Its only a question of time until the LAX passenger vote with there feet or the big corporate accounts apply pressure to BA once again.Money rules and in this tough times BA cant afford to loose those once how pay the bills.I know we all want to keep the share hollders happy but in your case your mangement choose the wrong way.

esselle
    Participant

I don’t do much long haul these days, but when I do, it is in F, where I expect trained and knowledgeable crew.

Starbucks minimum standard is two weeks, rising to four, of intensive training before their employees are let loose on a customer. Troubling, then, to think that BA send their teams out to do battle after three days!

Hippocampus
    Participant

The claim that Coca-Cola demanded Mixed Fleet be moved off the Atlanta route is a lie made up as part of a vicious and sinister smear campaign against Mixed Fleet.

It was always planned that routes would move between fleets and Atlanta (single daily 777 service) moved back to Worldwide so Mixed Fleet could take on Chicago (twice daily 777/747 service). Phoenix (6 weekly 747) and San Diego (daily 777) moved back to Worldwide so Mixed Fleet could take over Los Angeles (thrice daily 747 service). Spot the trend? As Mixed Fleet grows they take on more routes with multiple daily services.

If corporate clients were demanding Mixed Fleet be moved off routes would they be moved from secondary routes to routes like Chicago and LA?

Also, being headquartered in Atlanta I would imagine Coca-Cola would actually use an airline that has its major hub in Atlanta and if an employee is in the fortunate position where they can travel first class I think they would know they shouldn’t be discussing their employer’s procurement policies on public forums (and let’s not mention spelling and grammar or lines like “You are a BA manager aren’t you?).

VintageKrug
    Participant

These blatant lies perpetuated by the BASSAmentalists should be deleted from the forum.

There is not one shred of evidence to support them, and they should not be allowed to be perpetuated as if they were true. They are not.

If anyone believes the barely literate ramblings of firclaonly are actually from a Coca-Cola executive they need their head examining.

BAorBUST01
    Participant

I flew BA 463 MAD LHR in business on the 23rd July. I wasnt sure at first if this was mixed fleet or legacy crew, however having reflected this must obviously have been mixed fleet as they were all fresh, friendly and extremley eager to please, nothing like the dragons or pension pushers that make up legacy, they should all go and bring MF to all routes, I hate a route where Legacy operate, my last legacty crew to SYD couldnt have cared less!! the sooner they are all given theyre P45/s the better!!!

I for one am very happy flying with a MF crew, its more like a Virgin service with a flair and hard work than legacy, they dont even know what hard work is!

they are all so grumpy and miserable, its nice to have smiling YOUNG faces on board these days!!

A Regualar J traveller!

HonestCrew
    Participant

Definitely can’t knock Mixed Fleet for enthusiasm. It is there in abundance which is good for customers to see and something that sometimes lacks with a minority of crew on other fleets.

Sometimes I just want to say to my colleagues, “look, if you don’t like making a effort DO SOMETHING ELSE!!”

The flip side to MF is there have been some shocking safety and medical incidents. We hear about them from the safety trainers at our annual refreshers so it is not smear campaign by non MF crew or BASSA.

Merging the fleets would be great. MF crew would benefit from the experience of how to deal with the unexpected and the other fleets would benefit hugely from the boost of enthusiasm.

Customers would have the best of both worlds and internally at BA it could carve a good positive way forward to unite everyone for the good of the business.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I’ve been impressed by MF’s enthusiasm. The difference stands out, especially on short haul.

Longhaul is less good, particularly in F. But not so bad that clearly setting your expectations at the start doesn’t elicit a willingness to try and exceed them; as a passenger, I’m quite happy giving on the spot constructive feedback if necessary.

But it’s fast improving, and that will set the tone for the future.

I’ve experienced some top notch legacy crew as well, some known to me as BASSA members.

I don’t think it’s right that cabin crew suggest “there have been some shocking safety and medical incidents”. It’s unprofessional to write that on an internet forum, whether true or not.

And such incidents occur on legacy fleet as well, though perhaps with less frequency.

I vigorously refute the suggestion that MF and Legacy should work together at this early stage. There are very many extremely bitter employees in legacy fleet who would pollute the mindset of these impressionable people, whether they mean to do it or not.

Training is the best way to achieve consistency and excellence; we haven’t seen BA investing enough to support MF in this regard (and we shouldn’t forget that despite having the required CAA training, MF was introduced to head off a strike, and so there’s no question more emphasis could have been placed on service standards and customer-facing training, but the right decision was taken at the time to press on and get them manning aircraft to ensure the operation, and the airline, could keep running).

I’m hopeful this approach to training for on board service changing, and that’s certainly been my experience on shorthaul recently and reflects my colleagues’ experience on longhaul.

PegasusAir
    Participant

My first contribution despite fling for over 50 years! Agree with general trend here. Recently flew 3 Long haul round trips ie 6 sectors – 2 in F with Legacy crew, 2 in F with Mixed crew and 2 in Club with Gatwick crew very close together – almost back to back, so a good comparison. Best was 1 flight with MF and worst was one with Gatwick crew. Very recently did 2 flights with Legacy crew (JFK) – out was poor return was excellent (though did not have a full meal) and that is the big problem – inconsistency. The CSD came around all F passengers on the return flight but on the outward no appearance despite being 30 mins late. They may be experienced but had to ask for both bread and then again for water with my meal – slapdash. The MF on domestic and European are excellent and always much better than the legacy ones – always pleased to see the girls wearing the hats knowing the service will be good, whereas long haul maybe sometimes less experienced (although some I believe are very experienced with other airlines) but more consistent and above all always enthusiastic. Agree with VK that I am not sure they could be mixed with legacy – presume bmi crews have gone with MF?

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls