Problem selecting seats on the BA sector of a combined QR/BA ticket issued by QR

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

So, we have just booked a QR-issued ticket, first sector on QR metal, second sector on a QR codeshare operated by BA. When booking, I wasn’t able to choose seats for that second sector, but I thought “no problem, I will change it on the BA site after ticket issuance” – but I can’t, because ba.com doesn’t recognise the QR PNR. I even tried the CX website (since I used my MPC number) and although I can see the flight on the CX site, it won’t let me change the seats. I have gone back to the QR site but it still won’t let me select seats on the BA-operated leg. Any ideas? I am away from home so don’t want to incur massive roaming charges calling QR if I can avoid it.

Just to add that I can see the seats that have been automatically allocated, and I don’t like them!

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

Try DM-ing CX. I’ve found them to be responsive on Twitter. Or is there a local number (for these airlines) where you currently are?

1 user thanked author for this post.

MrDarwin
    Participant

Had the same problem recently. We called BA who confirmed it had been ticketed correctly, then found the booking on the MH website where we were able to change seats. Hope this helps.

1 user thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

The Memsahib eventually managed this – logging in through the MH website (she is Enrich Platinum) didn’t work as she could see the reservation but not amend it (just as happened to me with the CX website); but she was able to access it through ba.com. Interestingly, she put in the QR PNR and was able to find the booking but on the BA site it showed a different PNR. Anyway, we have our desired seats. Thank you all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls