PriorityPass – Other Benefits apart from a Lounge visit?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

I recently came into possession of a Priority Pass (“PP”) card with unlimited annual visits (via a banking package) so have been testing it out where I don’t have a normal airline ticket/FF membership access to a lounge.

I was in PHL recently, so I was surprised to see there was no lounge in PHL which was part of PP. There were however a few non-traditional lounge privileges available to PP cardholders (I was able to use the AA lounge via my BAEC card).
    One benefit was being able to visit the “Be Relax” massage centre (concourse C). The PP app suggested that one could have a “BE Back 30 minute massage (approx. $38 value ) … etc) which would be the equivalent of a lounge visit in terms of cost, assuming the PP membership level was on a “pay per visit”. I duly walked in and even before I could address the receptionist, they asked in a forlorn tone “Are you Priority Pass?”. Indicating I was, I was told that the only treatments available were to use the massage chair and I could have this for 30 minutes. The person also mentioned that despite what PP advertised, the chair was the only option. This I did and all told, it was reasonably good but not in the same class as the hands-on experience. The scanned my card and within a day, the visit showed up on my app as a visit (which did not cost me anything).

1 week later, I was again in PHL and went to the “Be Relax” facility and had the same experience but this time, the agent did not even scan my card!

In all, I’d welcome these types of experience as part of PP especially where there is non lounge. I see that in other non-lounge Terminals such as LHR T2, PP members can get a GBP15 dining credit at a one of the Restaurants.

Am interested to hear other experiences of PP recently. I remember previous posts which suggested that PP was very “Hit and miss”?

frustratedflyer
    Participant

Also be careful as not all non-lounge benefits are included with some banking issue PP cards.

Chris in Makati
    Participant

There are a huge number of complaints on the various Priority Pass groups on Facebook where people with Priority Pass cards are being refused access to lounges. This seems to be a particular problem in the USA, and to a lesser extent in the UK, especially at Manchester. Apparently Priority Pass don’t pay the lounge operators very much and so lounges are turning people away unless they’re almost empty.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Have been a long time user of PP, via Amex Plat.

In some regions it works very well – never had an issue at ALC, VLC and LGW N for example.

Pre-Covid at LGW S there was only 1 lounge and this would often be full to PP users. Same at LHR T5. Though I think you could pre-reserve a place for £x.

I find the Amex card much useful in the USA than PP as you have their own branded lounges in many airports there now. Plus if flying DL, you can use their lounges. (Their new one at LGA is excellent).
    Also, when there is space you can use Premium Plaza lounges, which you can’t with PP. (Though in the past I think you could).

In summary I find PP great when travelling with the family to Spain but I feel the number of lounges has been ‘downwardly enhanced’ over the years.

findingfoodfluency
    Participant

Depending on your credit card, Priority Pass benefits could include:

– lounge access (including as of this month {https://www.prioritypass.com/lounge-changes-june-2023}, some Plaza Premium lounges, too)
    – meal credit at restaurants
    – video gaming sessions
    – an hour of sleep at sleep pods
    – some type of spa access

I’ve been to a lot of Priority Pass lounges since 2018. They’ve got good coverage in Mexico, China, and Bangkok. They’ve added a few ANA lounges in Japan since last year, and every now and then a restaurant in a U.S. airport.

As of now, the best Priority Pass lounge I’ve been to was the iGA lounge in Istanbul IST: https://noworkalltravel.com/2023/04/13/review-iga-lounge-istanbul-ist/. In general, I’d try to pop in to grab a beverage and a snack, but European airports are crap for the former because they typically only have drinks which require bottle openers; when I remember to do so, I take an empty water bottle.

n.b. lounges that used COVID-19 as a scapegoat to eliminate some services have gradually been reintroducing them. For example, Guadalajara GDL’s lounges had small buffets in 2019. In 2021, just pathetic snacks. Things are coming back, though.

-FFF

YT@findingfoodfluency

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls