Priority Pass – Caveat Emptor

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

platinumhelper
    Participant

Just a warning for all you Priority card holders out their, especially those who obtained membership via American Express Platinum cards.

I recently used a lounge which is still using those paper credit card slips. The lounge was in Indonesia. I signed in and discovered lounge was packed with not a single seat anywhere and so I left. Over two months later and I find a charge on my platinum card from Priority Pass. This was challenged directly with them and a further month passed for them to obtain the signed slip. This showed that the guest box had been completed and this must have occurred post my visit and thus the charge was generated.

Interestingly Priority Pass has chosen to blame me for this and sticking rigidly to their terms and conditions.

What is odd is that if I have my American Express Card used fraudulently, then it is for American Express or indeed any financial institution to prove that I did indeed conduct the transaction. Even if the PIN number is used or there is a signed slip the burden of proof lies with the financial institution.

In the case of priority Club, which is not a financial institution, the burden of proof lies with the card holder and it is for them to demonstrate that they did not use a lounge or did not have a guest.

I have liked the access the card affords but I am disturbed at the apparent ease with which fraudulent transactions can be made by unscrupulous lounges. Even more disturbing is the attitude of Priority Pass towards this and so I offer this post as a warning to others.

Make sure that you keep the card secure and also that any entry slips have a Zero in the guest box before you sign.

VintageKrug
    Participant

This is very serious; I rarely use the guest facility as have a second card with full membership but on the rare occasion I have guested someone in, I have never retained the slip, or even checked it before signing.

Surely if you were travelling alone, http://www.prioritypass.com should re-imburse?

I’d take this further with Amex if you can.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

On encountering paper slips, I always ensure that the guest box either states ‘0’ or has a line or cross in it, adding it if necessary.

Very sorry to hear of your problem, platinum helper and hope you get a satisfactory resolution very soon.

travelworld
    Participant

Thansk for that- a very good idea. I’ve never kept the slips either but will now ensure all are marked as Disgusted suggests

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls