Printed Issues of BT

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• justloveflying
    Participant

Having used various Business Class lounges in the last year or so, I am directed to scan a QR code to read BT.

Are print editions of BT a thing of the past ?!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I highly recommend a subscription for a printed (or digital copy) to friends and associates. It supports BT and more importantly it helps to support the existence of this amazing Forum.

My printed copy generally stays in the delivery envelope and is opened, only when I travel. Far easier than trying to read digitally….

Subscription options

4 users thanked author for this post.

SenatorGold
    Participant

Print copies are currently available in the Lufthansa lounge at LHR Terminal 2

Rferguson2
    Participant

Yes I just picked one up at the BA lounge in SIN. 🙂

sparkyflier
    Participant

justloveflying – welcome to the forum – seems you are a new contributor and already adding lots.

As MartynSinclair says it is worth subscribing to BT – not only as it is a great read with useful content, but also to support the magazine and forum to continue. Subscriptions are very reasonably priced too.
    I look at the website frequently but getting the magazine is nice too for a leisurely read and also the ads are not OTT but sometimes bring products or services to my attention which perhaps I had not considered before.

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

There are usually plenty on the news stands in Gatwick South as you head to the 50s gates.

I normally pick one up there with an FT.

justloveflying
    Participant

5 years since I last held a printed BT. What does one get differently if they subscribe to the digital edition ?

BT
    Keymaster

The Print issue of BT I am pleased to say is still very much alive.

The UK edition is available in many airline lounges including Lufthansa, Virgin, United, Emirates, Eurostar etc. It is also available on gate srevice in T2, T3 and soon T4. Sadly T5 is controlled by BA so nothing is allowed there. Also BA say customers don’t want print unless, as you will see from their lounges, it is Highlife or placement of high end catalogues!

If you wish to part with your money we are available in some WH Smith at LHR, LGW and some rail stations. Or you can subscribe here – https://www.businesstraveller.com/subscribe/

Around the world each edition has it’s own distribution.

For example the Asia-Pacific edition can be found in many lounges like Cathay, BA, Thai, Malaysia, Emirates, Qatar, Plaza Premium ,SATS and more.

Plus if you are one of the people that enjoy digital we are on most platforms like pressreader.

Finally if you find your regular lounge does not have BT or other newspapers/magazines ask as you would hope most airlines will respond to customer demand….. I asked in one lounge this year and the staff replied lots of people are asking but management are not listening we therefore suggest you file a complaint online!!!

MarcusGB
    Participant

I too continue my subscription to the real time Magazine copy.
    They are quite collectable, and can be referred back to easily, for anyone to read unlike digital.
    It remains a superb quality, with vibrant photos, and at times momentous news of and from within The Travel Industry.
    It is a special treat to see your own Contributions in print, in the Forum, or what used to be the Letters page.

I have also seen it in many languages, including in a Hungarian Lounge at Budapest Airport!
    Same as reading a book, filling our bookshelves?

It provides much more pleasure to read this when travelling, as for me a good Worldwide covering Newspaper such as The Times.

Makes me smile as others addictively twiddle around, unable to use their mobiles on Take Off and Landing, to be reading my Newspaper or BT, without restrictions! BT Magazine, does ot have to be “Switched off”!

Long may the Unique reality of this wonderfully informative Magazine continue, and for all of us to support the BT Team.

Merry Xmas to all, Wishing well to BT’s teams great role, and all Forum Members in 2024!

3 users thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“What does one get differently if they subscribe to the digital edition ?”

Turning the question around to the benefits of the paper version. The paper magazine comes in extremely handy when you are meeting up with previously unknown posters in some bar down a side street (Mody Road) in Kowloon on the the 7th floor of a questionable looking building. The relief of seeing a copy of the Business Traveller magazine on the bar – phew, in the right place.

The BT community is far and wide and whilst there are some, new posters, that like to leave their own, shall we say “individuality”, I am yet to meet any poster, where the magazine has not created a warm friendship across the world of travel. We are all a very friendly bunch on here, perhaps direct, but very friendly..

I far prefer the paper version, especially when flying, I am often asked by some one if they can read it after I have finished and generally will leave a finished magazine in the seat pocket. Posters and readers of BT seem to be everywhere 🙂

Interestingly, I have today received an email from Tasim to renew my subscription.

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls