Premium Economy – BA & AA

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Tinp0tTaipan
    Participant

Response to cwoodward

Nonsense. I am not a plant and while I had not posted for a while on this forum, I have posted in the past – and been a member for a while. It is a sad reflection of the decline in modern standards of debate and education that contradictory opinions are derided as ‘bought’ in some way. Rather like the online posters who claim everyone who disagrees with them is a “Putin bot”.

I posted because I travelled a few weeks ago with Qantas to Sydney (787). I chose their PE because it is better than Cathay’s and – at the time of booking – cheaper.

The advantages of Qantas PE are as follows: the seat is more comfortable – both seats are billed as 19.5 inches wide but the Qantas seat feels roomier to me. I also prefer the seat covering. The food on Cathay Pacific has declined in recent years, whereas Qantas (on the basis of my most recent flight) is better. Also, the service is better. My experience of a long-haul flight in Cathay PE was that service was at economy levels and with Qantas, at business levels.

This is, of course, my personal opinion. As are those expressed by The Points Guy’s and The Australian. I chose Qantas over Cathay because I prefer and paid for the flight myself.

cwoodward
    Participant

Tinp0tTaipan wrote-
    ‘Cathay PE is rubbish and overpriced.’

Did you honestly not expect some push back from readers of your initial post when the statement re Cathay’s PE is in itself clearly inaccurate ‘rubbish’ with the incredibly negative comment not in any way justified. In your view not as good as Qantas is understood but to describe the Cathay product is ‘rubbish’ and ‘overpriced’ is just inaccurate and seemingly prejudiced. .
    Your response is interesting but says nothing of any substance other than that you enjoyed your Qantas flight.
    It would be interesting to know if you have ever in the past couple of years traveled on Cathay PE and on which aircraft.

JCB2
    Participant

I have just flown BA in PE LHR- LAX- LHR on old 747. I have to say I was a bit apprehensive as previous experiences with BA have not been very good. I was however somewhat reassured by comments on here from people who prefer the Old 747s to the modern fleet.
    I can honestly say the service on the out going flight was fantastic. ( whether anything to do with both my wife and I being Silver members not sure) however drinks were in plentiful supply, attitude of all of the staff was the right blend of jovial/ courteous.
    the food was excellent.. My only gripe being the light meal before landing, the menu offered a choice of 2 meals and I heard the staff say they only had 2 portions of one of the meals!!! however the remaining choice (veggie) was very nice. I never thought I would say paneer was tasty!!
    The return flight was almost as good.. however being an overnight flight the crew were not around so much however, they were avail in the galley if you needed anything and again extremely pleasant to chat to.
    Yes the plane was old. the PE cabin was comfortable but showing signs or wear. What I will say is the business class cabin was certainly showing more signs of wear. All in all we were more than impressed with the service. We are flying PE with Virgin shortly to will be interesting to see how that compares…interestingly that is also on 747, where PE is upstairs.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls