Plane Food Picnic

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

Sunshine
    Participant

Has anyone tried the ‘take on board’ picnics from Gordon Ramsey’s Plane Food restaurant in T5?

Is it a worthy substitute for a main meal on a long haul flight (especially an economy meal)?

Never tried it, but getting tired of BA’s economy fare, so wondered if I should give this a go?

Thanks for any feedback

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

More of a light lunch really – but very nice and well packaged in a cool bag.

Stevefromsydney
    Participant

Itsu from terminal 5 is a much better option

VintageKrug
    Participant

I tried one on a domestic a few months ago.

Very tasty, and I actually had to leave the pudding for after I landed as I was replete by that stage.

Fellow passengers in 1C were rather green with envy, and it would have been downright rude had the middle seat been occupied.

With plenty of tasty food in the lounge I rarely need to eat on board shorthaul exLHR, and am very satisfied with the food in F longhaul. But I highly recommend Plane Food (their Eggs Benedict in the restaurant itself is superb as well, but avoid their rip-off orange juice; I was shocked at the price they charged for that!).

You may be able to take advantage of an offer from Worldpoints:

Why not treat yourself with 250 extra points when you spend £40 or more* at Gordon Ramsay’s Plane Food at Heathrow Terminal 5?

https://www.baaworldpoints.com/

Sunshine
    Participant

Thanks for the tips… have a crappy economy flight to Vegas next week so may well give this a go

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls