Pichet, Dublin, Ireland

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

uggboylovestravel
    Participant

October 2015, Our Lunch

During a Mid-October weekend we were out and about, taking part at the Open House Dublin 2015, organized by the Irish Architecture Foundation.

After seeing an exhibition about accommodation and a tour of the Fumbally Exchange, 5 Dame Lane, Dublin 2, we were hungry and tried our luck at Pichet, which we had for a longer time on our radar, but hadn’t tried it yet so far, for late lunch. The bistro is under direction by Headchef Stephen Gibson. We were lucky and after a short wait at the bar area of the bistro we were brought to our table.

Our jackets were taken from us before we were brought to the main dining room, by the friendly and efficent staff.

We were seated at a window table. The restaurant was full. There was a good atmosphere, but it was sometimes very loud, people overall were in a good mood.

The interior felt like being in the South of France.

Our drinks were water delivered in a carafe and a glass of Alois Kracher dessert wine.

We chose the lunch menu. He had the three course, while I had a two course.

We both started with smoked Haddock Beignets, pickled cucumber and smoked paprika. It looked understated, was generous sized and delicious.

His main course was roasted chicken breast with pumpkin risotto and mine was the Veal Bolognaise with gnocchi and Ricotta.

My dish was colorful, but didn’t remind me of a typical Bolognaise. The veal was cubed, melt in the mouth and served in a rich tomato sauce. It was more like a stew and I loved it.

The chicken was a bit of a departure of what he would normally eat. He isn’t too fond of risotto or pumpkin. In this case the autumn dish was just right. The pumpkin was soft and not fibrous. He said it was very well done and he liked the textures and flavors.

We shared our dessert, a peanut butter parfait with milk chocolate ice cream. It was delicious, light and offered a beautiful balance and lightness.

The Alois Kracher dessert wine was dry with fruity notes. It was matching perfect to the parfait.

Even if the service was very busy, they still had time for a quick chat and were attentive at all times.

Our lunch came in at 52.95 Euro, ca. 60.10 USD.

We would return to Pichet, which holds a Michelin Bib Gourmand and 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence. It’s very well worth spending an hour or longer, savoring French cuisine.

Would we recommend this restaurant to a friend? YES!

Would we want to have lunch / dinner again at this restaurant? YES!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls