Philippine Immigration

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

SPENCEDAVIDMICHAEL
    Participant

I travel in and out of NAIA twice a week over the past few months. I had sent several feedback to the immigration on the processing system but there was no actions, though I received an automatic reply template acknowledging receipt of my email. In the last 2 months I have never seen any improvements, but worsened instead as experienced last Sunday, Aug 7.

There are more people waiting for the painfully slow processing at the ‘express lane’ for I-card holders. The regular line had fewer people in it and it took more than 10minutes for one person in the acr line to be processed.

I also noticed the same lady cashier was delaying processing as she was counting up money when 9 of us waited for her to change shift. More often, staff preferred to gossip instead of efficiently serving their customers.

When is the Philippines going to start having a ‘real express’ lane that moves faster than the regular line. It is now routinely 10 to 20x slower than the regular line.

This is a very a simple problem yet it seems the concerned authority has no capability to address the problem. How can then a more complex issues be solved if this simple one is not properly addressed.

cypriene8
    Participant

this is not to defend the immigration system in our country. but i experienced the same when i went to KL two months ago. it took me more than an hour in the immigration lane. nonetheless, i patiently waited for my turn…..just sharing

stevescoots
    Participant

I Fly in and out of Cebu a lot and not really experianced any real problems, however on those flights as they are from HKG most passengers are PH nationals so the wait is usually no more than 30 minutes

kevin46
    Participant

The last time I passed through the hellhole that is NAIA 1 last March, I was told by one of the usual gruff immigration officers on duty that the special lane for SIRV holders no longer exists!

OddvarJohansen
    Participant

I have been in and out of Manila international airport many times the last years. The problem seems to be departure, where the immigration is endless. I fact, it start on the street outside the airport! The real problem is that the airport is out of date compared to other airports in Southeast Asia

kevin46
    Participant

Actually it’s really only T1 that’s the problem. T3 is a dream by comparison.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls