Passenger death on Qatar flight from Doha to Sydney.

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• theflyingnurse
    Participant

OMG, Qatar Airways Flight Attendants Left a Dead Body In Their Seat Surrounded By Other Passengers – But What Else Were They Supposed to Do?

Really saddened to read this and very concerned that the article states it apparently took 20 minutes for crew to start CPR.

My reason for posting is because I am a resuscitation officer, and work in ICU as well as undertaking medi-evacs. I also spent time at Virgin Atlantic training crew and am an av-geek.

My thoughts are that certain airlines and cultures sometimes have cabin crew who are perhaps not as assertive and confident in emergncy situations as crew who come from the UK, the US, Canada, Europe and Australia for example. I realise this is a wide generalisation but because of my experiences I would prefer not to fly with airlines whose crew are more subservient as I feel less safe travelling with them.

I wondered if fellow readers ever consider this when choosing an airline to fly with?

1 user thanked author for this post.

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

Back in 2016 flying QR DOH-PER, a fellow passenger just over the aisle had a heart attack and there was a doctor seated immediately adjacent who was able to assist. I was in the lavatory and emerged to see frantic CPR being carried out to the guy on the cabin floor. Unsurprisingly, his wife was in something of a state and the crew were in a state of shock and upset themselves. He could not be revived and we all understood that there was a body that was covered over on the cabin floor adjacent to the forward doors. We were met at arrival at Perth by a full response team and the plane was eventually disembarked once the formalities had been completed. Under the circumstances, I thought that the QR crew acquitted themselves admirably.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls