Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have this on my iPhone, and used it for the first time on my Virgin Little Red flight.

BA is introducing it in a soon-to-be-released upgrade to its own App:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/british-airways/id284793089?mt=8

Have you used PassBook with other airlines, and what are the advantages vs. lodging the boarding card inside the airline’s own App?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

No dont have an iphone. can you do it using Evernote?

Wasborntotravel
    Participant

Hi VK

I have used Passbook for a series of Lufthansa flights. Not sure whether the App knows but I could only download to Passbook and couldn’t access them via the Lufthansa App directly

They are however clearer and seem to have a bigger barcode compared to when I have used the airlines own app in the past.

Binman62
    Participant

Works well with all things expedia an American airlines

Str8Talking
    Participant

One of the biggest advantages, was originally the fact that passes/tickets/vouchers on passbook would be available offline. In the early days of travel apps, you could not access your boarding passes offline. This has of course changed, with airlines like BA making boarding passes available offline within their own apps, but this is not the case with all airlines (yet).

Outside the airline industry, you can store tickets and vouchers that you would otherwise have to log in to your accounts to access or have to have hard copies of, such as ticketmaster tickets etc.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’ve seen people using these apps, usually in front of me 🙁 and rather like the security line they have to first turn on phone, find app, locate pass then try several times before the receiver can read it.

I much prefer paper boarding passes which always work and IMHO are much faster!

Str8Talking
    Participant

I have to admit that I’ve never had a problem with the scanners (other than in shops at London Airports where they need to scan your boarding pass before they put a purchase through – that normally fails).

LuganoPirate, regarding the searching and retrieving, I can imagine that some people who are unprepared, could create further delays by not really knowing what to do or how to do it fast enough – that said, one can be organised and have the relevant (e-)documents ready when they know they’re needed. I agree that unnecessary delays are frustrating!

A small piece of paper saved though over millions of passengers, is one little forest surviving to see another day! 😉

HongKongLady
    Participant

I think there is something quite reassuring about a slip of paper.

canucklad
    Participant

Not sure what the difference is between what I can currentlty do on my BB and what this does for me if I had an I phone….

I’m a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology, but do find the BA app on my phone cool…….and do agree with Str8talking regarding the shops at LHR….I deliberately now keep my phone off, as I approach the till…..

I wonder why Ryanscare don’t have an app…..??????????????

What a silly boy….imagine being able to download your boarding pass at the airport…..no more penalties!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls