Palma, Mallorca and Ibiza from London City Starts May 2010

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Flights have just been announced by BA CityFlyer using their new Embraer aircraft with Club Europe and Euro Traveller seating:

Palma:

Fridays: Dep LCY 07:10 Arr PMI 10:25, Dep PMI 10:55 Arr LCY 12:10

Sundays: Dep LCY 14:20 Arr PMI 17:35, Dep PMI 18:45 Arr LCY 20:00

Mondays: Dep LCY 12:15 Arr 15:30, Dep PMI 16:15 Arr LCY 17:30

Ibiza:

Fridays: Dep LCY 07:00 Arr IBZ 10:15, Dep IBZ 11:00 Arr LCY 12:25

Sundays: Dep LCY 13:00 Arr IBZ 16:20, Dep IBZ 17:50 Arr LCY 19:10

Mondays: Dep LCY 11:05 Arr 14:20, Dep IBZ 15:05 Arr LCY 16:30

Bookable now:

http://www.bit.ly/4WLPQh

VintageKrug
    Participant

Nicely timed, and handy for a long weekend.

Very pleased these services are now available, hopefully the first of many similar longer flights from LCY, made possible by BA investment in a brand new extended range fleet.

RogerVictor
    Participant

Have you ever been on a flight to Ibiza in the summer months?! Oh my. Poor London City.

continentalclub
    Participant

Yes, and I suspect that’s why a lot of seriously-expensive Balearic property-owners will be delighted at the prospect of not only a super convenient airport and good timings, but also being able to potentially avoid the worst excesses of the 18-30 crowd ex Crawley International!

continentalclub
    Participant

A launch promotion is running in association with London City Airport and Waitrose, offering 20%* off BA flights from LCY to Spain, so that’s IBZ, PMI, MAD & BCN:

http://bit.ly/cqY4Rv

Enter password ‘waitrose‘.

The link and password come from the London City Airport website, at which there’s also a draw to win two free flights to either Palma or Ibiza:

http://bit.ly/cSslzx

Sadly, a spot of ‘cuttius pastius’ has obviously been indulged in; the Ts&Cs of the competition for these BA flights warn that ‘Flights are not valid for Flying Blue miles.’

It’s also not clear if there are any Ts&Cs attached to the flight discounts.

In any event, if you avail yourself of the competition and/or the discount, I do hope that you’ll buy something extra from Waitrose this week too, as I suspect that the LCY link was first publicised only in their (fantastic, marvellous, wonderful, superb) Canary Wharf store at the weekend. Oh, and sign up to their mailing list too!

*My dummy bookings seem to show an actual discount of about 18% or 19%.

PaulJennings
    Participant

If Waitress if offering discounts on BA LCY flights can we expect similar joint promotions between, say, Argos and Monarch or Ryanair and Poundland (soon to be renamed Poundplustaxesandchargesland).

flyingpenguin
    Participant

I got back a couple of weeks ago from Palma on the new BA LCY service. Just loved it, brand new aircraft, even though it was in a 2-2 layout in CE, it felt very spacious and fresh inside, with plenty of legroom. I thoroughly recommend it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls