Overhead Lockers – For Crew Use

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

I rather suspect that FDOS was referring to the suitcases Simon.

SimonS1
    Participant

Yes cwoodward: we already covered it up thread. Locking the bag (particularly a ladies handbag type) doesn’t prevent someone moving it, and most locks can easily be opened by a professional.

cwoodward
    Participant

“most locks can easily be opened by a professional.”
    SimonS1 Perhaps you are stretching the likely risk involved here a little particularly as the pickings from an overnight crew bag are likely to be much less than juicy than those of holidaying passengers bags.
    There was a spate of this sort of bag opening in flight by professional thieves in mainland China a few years ago but heavy prison sentences put a stop to that it would appear.
    I am not aware of any reports of professional ‘lock pickers’ roaming aircraft opening suitcases and suggest that any perceived risk is almost non-existent.

SimonS1
    Participant

I don’t know – I was just reporting what I heard crew saying.

Although as you mention it, it took me about 10 seconds to find this report from only last month.

https://www.businessinsider.com/airline-passenger-charged-theft-over-23-000-facing-jail-time-2023-12

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

Shouldn’t the airlines provide a cupboard at the front, where the crew can store their cases?

Oh wait…….

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls