Operational plane change, now I have no F seat!

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Ian
    Participant

Hi

I booked two Avios F rewards seats many months ago, return trip to Boston (we are travelling internally from there) and were looking forward to the Concorde Lounge, the new F class wing (never used before) and of course the overall F experience. No matter what anyone says about it, we enjoy it and really look forward to it.

We had recently endured a flight change meaning an extra inconvenient night in Boston on the way home (due to connecting flights from Vegas now not arriving in time for our flight home from BOS), and only Thursday were advised due to Operational changes our outbound seats have been changed and I was to log on and choose my new seats.

Upon doing so, there were none to choose from! We had moved to a new 777 and only 8 seats were available from the previous 14, and we were obviously 2 of the unlucky 6 usurped from our booked seats. I rung an agent who confirmed that BA had changed a whole block of planes / flights to this smaller configuration and I wasn’t the only ones impacted. She suggested I tried regularly to see if there were any cancellations (I doubt it), and call back next week for any policy change (though not sure what that means).

I am gutted as it was a nice treat for my wife, we both enjoy the Concorde and overall F experience and despite the new J class seats being available for us in our minds, this will still be a let down. It seems very unfair that probably for revenue reasons, BA can just whisk away 6 F passengers from multiple flights and not really care about their passengers. I am probably being over sensitive, but this is a big part of our holiday, and we are very disappointed!

Luckily we are still in F on the way home. For now!

MartinJ
    Participant

You have a valid contract of carriage with BA, regardless of how you paid for your flights (be it cash or Avios). Downgrade compensation should therefore apply.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls