Only in BA….

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• openfly
    Participant

They announce the massive cut in Avios award on spend, and a week later they announce oooops we might have got it wrong….double Avios on spend.
    Must be that work experience kid yet again!

cwoodward
    Participant

‘Work experience’ management perhaps ?

esselle
    Participant

Two separate teams perhaps?

One managing the Avios “brand”, the other promoting the sale of spare capacity?

LaundryMan
    Participant

This morning I received confirmation from BA of a EU 261 delay repayment from a flight on 16 October 2023 from San Francisco to Manchester via London Heathrow where they confirmed payment in full GBP 520 per person

Yet 9 minutes later the same person sent an email to indicate that I will only get 50% of the claim because the alternative we have offered made you arrive at your destination within four of your scheduled arrival time you are entitled to GBP 260 in compensation, which is 50% of the full amount

However on checking on flightradar we actually landed back at Manchester four hours and 15 minutes after the original scheduled arrival time so two questions

So for the delay on more than four hours is it arrival time at the gate or wheels touch down at the airport in question?

The second question is has anyone else had an issue with only 50% only compensation when they have been given an alternative i.e. a later flight from Heathrow to Manchester as the inbound from San Francisco was late

Seasons greetings to all and may you all have a peaceful and restful holiday period

FDOS
    Participant

“So for the delay on more than four hours is it arrival time at the gate or wheels touch down at the airport in question? ”

The key time is when the doors open and the passengers start to deplane.

LaundryMan
    Participant

Thank you and this very helpful

In the meantime BA have now come back (within two hours of me pointing the flight was more than fours hours late) to say they will pay the claim in full as I sent proof that of the actual arrival time.

…it would have been so easy for them to get it right first time round

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls