OneAdaptr – quality and customer service problems

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

The Memsahib bought me, and my daughters, a bunch of OneAdaptr products for Christmas – the OneWorld travel adapter, which seems fine but frankly pretty indistinguishable from the competition; together with a Mac Mate and two Evri Magnetic Tip USB cables.

The Mac Mate has never worked properly – just doesn’t have enough oomph to charge my (12″! – it’s not even a power-guzzler) MacBook even though that is precisely what it is supposed to be for; nor to charge two things at once (even though it has two USB-C outlets). The first Evri tip fell apart after two days. The other Evri tip fell apart yesterday. As you can understand, pretty disappointing, given that they are quite expensive.

Even more disappointing, though, is the complete absence of customer service. We have tried and tried to contact them using their online form but never get a single reply. There is no email or phone number on their website. Has anyone here had any luck extracting help from them?

Anyway, have to say that I will now avoid OneAdaptr products like the plague.

cwoodward
    Participant

An American company with a lot of advertising puff selling lowish- end me-too products at more than they are worth.
    A lot of puff but not a lot of design ability (none) or quality management.

When I worked for the owner of Dixons back in the nineteen sixties what we called a ‘mugs eyeful”.

Brad 66
    Participant

Totally agree with Ian.

We bought the One Adapter 65w about 8 months ago and it has been faulty since day one. We have sent multiple emails to the warranty dept, made contact on Instagram etc, but not 1 reply.

Their directions on their website is to fill out the online form. We have done that 4 times now, but no response. Their is no email or phone number.

My suggestion is to avoid One Adapter in the first place because if you have an issue, they will not respond or fix it.

Be warned!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls