Oman Air – incompetence

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

SimonS1
    Participant

Lost my bag on 15th June on a short hop from Dubai to Muscat.

12 days later no sign of the bag and the airline is doing everything it can to fob me off – it’s in Kuwait, it’s in Muscat etc. Call this number, that number, call Global Baggage (who take 20 mins to answer an 0844 number – is that still legal?) etc.

No one at the airline willing to take ownership and sort it out.

The airline has a long way to go to catch up with EK and QR. I would recommend giving them a wide berth. First time I have used them and hopefully the last.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Sorry to read of your problems Simon. I hate to say it, so won’t, but after 12 days being lost……………

I know this is too late now, but may help for future reference, when I’ve had a bag “delayed” I insist on a number where a real person picks up. They’ll insist that is the number so I dial it in front of them on speakerphone and refuse to leave or let them go until it’s answered, while also pointing out how much it costs if you’re roaming. Being continually persistent they often come up with a number of a manager which helps relieve some of the frustration of having lost your bags as you have a real person to speak to.

SimonS1
    Participant

Thanks LP. After 20 years of travel I have generally been lucky so I’m sanguine about it really.

Unfortunately I was on a week trip LGW-DXB-MUS-KWI-DOH-DXB-LGW and inevitably the bag never catches up unless someone uses a bit of initiative which doesn’t very often exist.

That’s life I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls