Oman Air Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

stevemac
    Participant

Have just got home from a holiday in Thailand having flown Oman Air from LHR to BKK via MCT and back. Just wanted to say that the product is fantastic although the route network is still fairly limited as they only have 6 A330’s. Large seatpods with only 4 abreast in a 1-2-1 config. Service is typically middle eastern so a bit disorganised, I don’t think my wife and I ate at the same time or had the same service despite sitting next to each other in the middle!! The new Oman Air lounge in MCT is excellent and made a 3 hour stopover go very quickly and comfortably and is far more relaxing than the Emirates Business floor in DXB. Our fare was about £1350 each booked about 8 weeks in advance so it was pretty good value as well (important as sadly have no excuse for claiming them as business travel)!! Should be able to see the seats by popping the following link in the browser and then clicking on ‘view more’ under the picture of the aircraft.

http://www.omanair.com/wy/plan-and-book/fleet-information/330-300

Happy flying

hemispheres
    Participant

I visited Muscat 11 years ago and flew Emirates First Class via Dubai which was pretty good for 2001.

Business Class on Oman Air looks very comfy and will be my choice of travel when I visit Muscat again. It is a great holiday destination as it is far less spoilt than Dubai.

With J class seats as good as that, one has to question what the point of their F Class is, other than First providing a far better meal service.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Is Oman Air a dry airline?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

To jump in…

It isn’t, no. In the next issue (March 2011) we have a review of Oman Air’s First Class product, and the wines served there were,

To drink there was Armand Brignac NV Champagne. White wines included 2007 Pascal Jolivet Indigene Pouilly Fume, 2008Max Reserva Errazuriz Chardonnay and 2008 Cape Mentelle Sauvignon Blanc Semilon and Reds, 1998 Chateau Grand-Mayne, 2008 Mencia Cuatro Pasos Martin Codax and 2006 Shaw & Smith Shiraz. For dessert there was a 2003 Sauternes, Chateau Armajan Des Ormes

and indeed picked up a second place in the latest Cellars in the Sky Awards, the results of which are here

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/cellars-in-the-sky-awards-the-results

stevemac
    Participant

Dear VK
    If I had booked my wife onto a dry airline then I would not have been alive to post the thread!!!
    We took advantage of an excellent Chilean Errazuriz Max Reserva Chardonnay and then slept like logs on probaly the most comfortable seat/bed I have experienced.
    Kind regards

Jimmer7
    Participant

My wife and I had the pleasure of travelling business class to Muscat from Heathrow last year and I have to agree their new J class product is the best I’ve flown to date by some margin. Excellent seat, food service and entertainment. The only thing I could fault was the lounge access in Muscat but I now believe a new one has recently opened. If you don’t mind a transfer then flying to Malaysia and Bangkok via Muscat is an excellent option with the lowest J class fares. Just make sure you’re travelling on a A330 as you certainly don’t want to be travelling on an older configuration J class aircraft.

Sparepocket
    Participant

All they need now is a generous FFP.

stevemac
    Participant

Dear Jimmer 7
    We were fingers crossed that the lounge was open when we travelled on the 3rd Feb and fortunately it was. It is very comfortable and relaxing and the longer stopover passed very quickly. They operate 6 A330 aircraft for long haul and all are the latest configuration. With regards to the FFP, I have no idea how generous it is, but at least I can say i’m in the ‘Sinbad Club’!!!

KSHaggag
    Participant

Gentlemen,

To tell you the truth ,I have been longing for such an occasion to blog about the superb Oman Air Business Class product on board their new A332/333 !!!!/……a superior inflight product by all standards as you have all mentioned …a standard found on other First classes only !…..the only other inflight product in the GCC that truly compares to Oman Air s is Qatar Airways ….Yes ,gentlemen ,the Emirates business class lounge in Dubai at T3 does not at all live up to expectations ..nothing to compare to the Qatar Airways Premium terminal or the Etihad Lounge in Abu Dhabi or the glittering ,brand new Oman Air lounge in MCT ………….a superb facility coupled with a fantastic inflight product …a truly great way to fly ..add to it the fantastic promotion of paying full business and flying First till 31.3 on Oman Air s select routes ,notably from Paris and Frankfurt to Bangkok and Kuala…Well done ,Oman Air !..keep up the excellent work …
    Concerning their Sindbad programme i believe it is quite generous however still rather limited in span ….still needs diversification in terms of earning opportunities and partners included …..let s give it some time to be fair !….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls