Odd links

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

I have noticed there are occasional links in forum posts that are not relevant to the topic or word of which they are assigned.

Is the site hijacked?

Business Traveller replies:

Thanks for your post RoadKing. Firstly i can confirm that the site is not being hijacked. The links you are seeing are “in-text adverts” – you’ll see when you hover over them that an advert will pop up, and will disappear after a couple of seconds when you move your cursor away from the link. They are present in both the forum section, and on news and features within the site.

The links themselves are triggered by keywords that are relevant to the advertiser, rather than the article / forum post you are reading, which is why some posts will not have any links in them and some may have two or three.

It’s something we’re trialling as a way of monetising the site. As you’ll appreciate all content on businesstraveller.com is currently free to view, and one of the ways we’re able to achieve this is through advertising. However we do welcome all feedback on the use of this type of advert, as it is new to us as well as you.

viking01
    Participant

I hate it, but I can see you need to pay for all of this somehow.

NTarrant
    Participant

I can’t say that I like it either, but also appreciate the need to cover costs. I do find that the site is slow in loading, I thought originally that it was my connection at home as I viewed the site mostly there. However I have noted that it is slow everywhere I have used it, is there a problem?

Business Traveller replies:

Thank you for your post NTarrant – are you referrring specifically to the forum section of the site, or are you finding all parts of the site slow to load?

We are currently implementing enhancements to the forum section of businesstraveller.com, including the addition of a drop down menu to make it far easier to find forum strings for specific airlines, which has now gone live.

Work is also being carried out to improve the speed of the forum section, which we appreciate can be slow to load. The popularity of the forum has grown considerably in recent months, and consequently we are in the process of upgrading it to cope with the number of new topics and posts being added.

You should find the speed of the forum section improving in the next week or so – please bear with us until then and we hope you continue to enjoy using the forum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls