NT2,000 for Delayed Luggage (CX)

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

M.Moose
    Participant

I recently flew KUL-TPE on CX (via HKG). Upon arrival, found my checked bag did not make the flight.

Having arrived only in a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of sneakers, I was told that I had NT2,000 (US65) allowance to purchase the necessary. This is on the fact that I was there on a business trip, without any knowledge of where and when my bag will arrive.

Eventually contacted CX Country Manager for Taiwan whom was able to provide a more reasonable allowance.

What I can’t understand is, what is NT2,000 suppose to get you? Is it meant to purchase toiletries? essential clothing? Can’t be both….

Anyone had experience in handling these situations? It’s my first in 15 years of travel.

ANDREWYOUNG1
    Participant

Depending on your travel insurance policy you may be covered for buying what you need – American Express travel insurance (with Platinum/Centurion Card) allows you to spend up to £300 on your card on clothes if your luggage is delayed for 4 hours or more – once they have proof from the airline of the delay to luggage the transactions will simply be cancelled off your account.

randyspansion
    Participant

Oh you are lucky that you are even getting some money…I only got an apology letter, and I am a Diamond member at CX. ALWAYS TAKE YOUR BAG WITH YOU AT CX, and that is my advise

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

M. Moose,

You should considered yourself very lucky to have received more than the standard NT$2,000 from CX.

I was offered on two occasions by UA a cheap overnight kit (a plastic bag consisted of no more than a tooth-paste/brush and some useless smaller items) when they failed to deliver my checked baggage!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls