Not everyone at SWISS is pleasant

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Just arrived at the B22-29 SWISS lounge at ZRH with my family. The lounge concierge took our passes and scanned them without a smile, an acknowledgement or a single word. I asked him later whether there was a quiet area and his response was a very curt “no.” When I then asked him later why he was so abrupt he said he hadn’t got time to smile!

I asked him whether he had a supervisor the answer was that they weren’t on duty (how convenient). I told him I was going to post this and his response was “write what you want. I don’t care.”

I’ve written a lot of good things about SWISS lately. It’s a great pity that some people can let the side down so badly. Perhaps’s he’s a member of BASSA, VK!

All the best, Simon

FirstClassWannabe
    Participant

Maybe Turkish Airlines don´t seem so bad after all! Sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately all companies have people like the guy you describe. Don´t let this incident put you off Swiss.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Dear Simon ,

Yes ..I do agree fully with FirstClassWannabe …!….this is just an isolated incident for Swiss ………I do agree that all companies have irresponsible people ..Heaven is nowhere on earth !………..But I believe that a duly written complaint should be forwarded to the Customer Relations at Swiss ..I believe that such a person does NOT deserve being part of the Swiss family ..we all have our offdays but we should show a minimum of courtesy to the people who pay our salaries ( the customers ) …………!!!!!!!!!!!

markupolo
    Participant

Well,I guess the SWISS service is not up to standard, as the flight we had in J class didn’t have the pillow covers/blanket changed from Tel Aviv to Zuri/LHRc, human hair could be seen all over…their reply was “write your letter/email and wait for a reply”.

Swiss,please change your name to something like Air Gabon etc!!!

carlton
    Participant

SWISS have roughly 7’500 staff so I wouldn’t be that surprised if I’d once in a blue moon meet a concierge that was a bit ‘abrupt’ and unable to lend me a smile.

Not by any means defending his behaviour however some of the passengers they deal with on a daily basis would erase the smile of anyones face, maybe he had just encountered such a passenger before Simon and c/o rocked up.

It’s not very pleasant with staff like this however it’s human to have a bad day.

Too many posts on here tend to judge an airline based on one or few incidents/occassions and I think that’s a tad bit harsh.

I challenge you to find any company (service sector or not) where you wouldn’t find similar souls like this lounge concierge.

I have had both bad and excellent experiences on SWISS but all aspects considered they’re still one of the better carriers ‘decorating’ our skies.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Carlton

Agreed. However, he was the first unpleasant SWISS employee I’ve ever met, which shows that they are exceptionally good.

Simon

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Too many posts on here tend to judge an airline based on one or few incidents/occassions and I think that’s a tad bit harsh.”

It is human nature to judge a supplier on performance experienced, therefore I disagree that it is harsh.

It may not be entirely rational, however.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Not by any means defending his behaviour however some of the passengers they deal with on a daily basis would erase the smile of anyones face, maybe he had just encountered such a passenger before Simon and c/o rocked up.”

One of the key competencies in a job like this is resilience, that is the ability to deal with an unpleasant customer, wipe it from memory and then pleasantly greet the next customer.

On the other hand, we don’t know what else might have been affecting him, for example he might have been diagnosed with a bad illness or just received some bad news, in which case such behaviour might be explained.

carlton
    Participant

@ DisgustedofSwieqi

Agree, but we all crack at times, it’s inevitable but that doesn’t necessarily mean that this person is not fit to carry out their duties, it migtht have been a one off. As I said, not defending the behaviour but no one is perfect and there might have been circumstances unknown to us that caused this sudden lack of manors.

To your other comment: It may be human nature to judge based on one experience however with carriers flying hundreds/thousands of flights every day it doesn’t really reflect the company as a whole and how they handle their customer service.

As Simon said above in his second reply, it was the first bad experience he’d encountered with LX. They are excellent, as many other carriers but despite that we’ll always encounter poor staff at times, that’s just life.

I’ve been in F on SQ once and had an absolute horrid experience, but because of that I won’t slate the entire company as I know they are an excellent carrier with a massive follwing and an immaculate reputation (of course there are exceptions).

JordanD
    Participant

Indeed, we all do crack.

On a good day, someone’s poor performance or bad behaviour is but a mere hindrance and something that takes us down a notch, but doesn’t fundamentally bother us.

On a bad day, someone’s poor performance or bad behaviour is the thing that sends us over the edge to the point that we are looking for failings in every single action that is being undertaken by that organisation or individual. Once there is a straw that breaks the camel’s back, everything that follows is going to suffer.

As Simon has said, this was his first bad experience on LX. I’ve had “bad” experiences on the likes of U2, BA, AF, but how “bad” they are will often depend on what has preceded it.

I suppose it’s what happens when you judge a case on its merits.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Hi Jordan

I’ve never done crack. Mind you I agree about U2 – The last album was a bit of a let down.

Just teasing! Waiting for a flight to Sarajevo in a bloody hot and packed Zagreb Airport.

Simon

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“To your other comment: It may be human nature to judge based on one experience however with carriers flying hundreds/thousands of flights every day it doesn’t really reflect the company as a whole and how they handle their customer service.”

Do you understand what ‘not entirely rational’ means?

That is what I wrote.

carlton
    Participant

@ DisgustedofSwieqi

I’m utterly sorry, I missed that last bit in all haste. Turns out I’m not that perfect after all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls