Norwegian LGW Expansion (Longhaul) + EDI/MAN

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good Morning

Norwegian have announced that next year all 8 US LGW routes will go to a daily flight operation and NYC will go double daily. Also looking at EDI & MAN flights as mentioned before.

Considering the significant increase in flights from LGW then they in theory would become a significant option for the Corporate traveler. they have the best Premium Economy seat in terms of seat pitch outh there. No doubt for cost conscious Corporate client this is a viable option. However I think for Norwegian to truly work they need to look at a “proper” Business class cabin (doesn’t have to be big – maybe only 8 – 16 seats) with flatbeds in a 1-2-1 configuration.

Exciting times for Norwegian and good to see proper competition at LGW. Will be interesting to see how BA react to this.

As an aside, with United announcing the new J product to come in over the next year or so (on all but 757’s) then effectively out of LHR it will leave BA as the only airline operating flights TATL in Club that do not have direct aisle access – everyone will be operating 1-2-1 or 1-1-1 configuration club seats, except BA who continue to go 2-4-2 / 2-3-2. Dropping behind the competition at a rapid rate TATL as well now – all it will take is for Norwegian to do as I suggest and BA will be so 2000!

BA744fan
    Participant

Never going to happen so long as bean counters rule the roost. BA simply don’t have the vision or the desire to be a leader any more. Sad times.

SimonS1
    Participant

@Tim – indeed the ying/yang format with step over is a bit dated now. However there appear to be signs of change of the horizon, although it will take some time to implement across the fleet (if indeed it is introduced retrospectively).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26729302-post1.html

@BA744fan – I don’t really see the issue there in principle, as BA exists to make profits and generate returns for the company’s owners (shareholders). Being a visionary or a market leader doesn’t always translate to maximising your returns.

I know there is some softness in demand for premium cabins, however I guess the bottom line is whether spending x millions on a refresh of CW would have a business case behind it in attracting additional TATL business from DL/VS, United etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls